• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    really? They gave a greater than 50% suicide rate? Which it really encourage people not to be transgender then. It's dangerous.

The statistics I've seen say that transgenders have ~40% suicide rate. The ones that go through the full transition have >50% suicide rate.

What's it to you? If you're convinced that it's all due to their choices, then why do you care whether they kill themselves?

I care. I can't imagine the inner turmoil people go through for that to be the solution. One of my brothers committed suicide because of a mental disorder--not this disorder. His anguish was delusional, but real to him. And he couldn't help it on his own. If he'd have been able to get real help to challenge his delusions--you know, the traditional treatment for delusional disorders--perhaps he'd have been able to find happiness in living.

I can't help but believe gender disphoria is similar. People aren't killing themselves because of society. They're doing it because they can't cope with reality. And because of political correctness, the official treatment for gender disphoria is gender change. So the prescribed treatment results in an even higher suicide rate than the untreated? WTF? Why is the treatment not to gradually help cope with reality? That seems to be more effective with other non-politically correct treatments for delusional disorders. But THIS treatment is helping the person become their delusion.

Again, the suicide rate after treatment is higher than before! THAT'S NOT HELPING!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What's it to you? If you're convinced that it's all due to their choices, then why do you care whether they kill themselves?

You really are a jerk aren't you

Attempting suicide is not the same as completing suicide. I see people who make little scratch on the wrist and it is labeled as a suicide attempt. I'm not diminishing the severity of the mental illness that seems to be associated with transgender individuals, I am simply saying that they are not dying from suicide at the rate that is being presented.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Attempting suicide is not the same as completing suicide. I see people who make little scratch on the wrist and it is labeled as a suicide attempt. I'm not diminishing the severity of the mental illness that seems to be associated with transgender individuals, I am simply saying that they are not dying from suicide at the rate that is being presented.

I don't think he's trying to be a jerk. I think he sees things much differently than most of us on this forum do. If I posted often on Huffington Post, I'm sure I'd be a jerk there without even trying.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see vast fortunes being made by many law firms in the future with this issue.

Always follow the money

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

I'm not asking to be a jerk; I'm asking because I'm thinking back to the first thread on this topic where transgendered individuals were called freaks and whack jobs. How can that be reconciled with a pivot to saying that their lives have value?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not asking to be a jerk; I'm asking because I'm thinking back to the first thread on this topic where transgendered individuals were called freaks and whack jobs. How can that be reconciled with a pivot to saying that their lives have value?

Well, freaks are people too.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I see vast fortunes being made by many law firms in the future with this issue.

Always follow the money

Tends to happen when the government gets involved in people's lives.

NC decided to enforce morality upon a minority

the Fed's are riding in like white knights to save the day

the taxpayers lose. as usual. (and the NC civil lawsuits haven't even started yet)

all over where you can take a wee

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You're still insisting this, even after being proven wrong last time? Civil Unions were explicitly denied in many "defense of marriage" amendments:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._state_constitutional_amendments_banning_same-sex_unions
    Since I've already relayed this information to you, there's no excuse for remaining uninformed.

Eleven states and the District of Columbia had civil union laws granting homosexual couples the same rights as married couples prior to the Supreme Court ruling redefining marriage nationally. That eleven does not include Connecticut which reluctantly tried to implement civil unions with equal rights followed up by a sh*tstorm and further action in court accepting nothing less than the word "marriage".

Sorry, but screaming "YOU"RE WRONG!" does not make it so.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I'm so done arguing with buffoons

I'm sorry you seem to feel that my failing to be complicit with your cultural world view is buffoonery.

you raised the topic of logical extentions and effects of the bathroom decision. I have done nothing but respond with my opinion on topic with a main focus on how the unintended consequences of the law could result in the exact opposite social result of the laws main goal. And, on how granting government the power to subjectively exert authority by force on individuals by no other probable cause but their outward appearance sounds like the motheload of terrible ideas.

Your responces to me specifically have yet to address either of my base points and instead have resorted to ad hominem and cherry picking my arguments.

Actually I don't think I'm sorry you seem to be sore towards me over my "baffoonery" because honestly I think you are projecting. If you can't entertain an elevated and respectful conversation then perhaps you should bow out.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Seems to me it would be most helpful to gradually introduce her to reality rather than to help her live her delusion.
    Unfortunately, during the Reagan administration, Federal and State support for mental healthcare was significantly scaled back. The burden of care was shifted to the individual, and therefore largely dropped altogether. Now we appear to be "normalizing" those with issues that once received the care they needed. Reap what we sow, I suppose.

As for the "cat person" - spay/neuter and declaw. If she cannot then be "adopted", euthanize. Issue resolved, with 100% equal treatment to the species to which she identifies. Be careful what you wish for.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Eleven states and the District of Columbia had civil union laws granting homosexual couples the same rights as married couples prior to the Supreme Court ruling redefining marriage nationally. That eleven does not include Connecticut which reluctantly tried to implement civil unions with equal rights followed up by a sh*tstorm and further action in court accepting nothing less than the word "marriage".

Sorry, but screaming "YOU"RE WRONG!" does not make it so.

And twenty states explicitly banned civil unions. You sure you want to try to win this on numbers?

But hey, keep arguing for "separate but equal" if you want.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    what you are doing is illustrating why many people turn to the left to defend their social freedoms and civil liberties.

If an individuals actions do not infringe upon the rights of others then what's all the fuss? the left isn't saying you have to like it or even accept it, they are saying you should just ignore them and get on with your day.

Ah, if only they would afford others the same courtesy. No, they are very much saying that we have to accept it. Anything less than complete acceptance is bigotry according to the left.

Top Bottom