22s.jpg

turkish_mauser_1.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Took my M1 Rifles out for a few photos last night, and a chance to get some warm sunshine on them.

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

Top: IHC
    2nd: Correct HRA
    3rd: '44 Winchester (mostly Winchester parts + USGI springfield)
    4th: '43 Springfield with correct parts, except for a slot gas plug and round clip latch. It wears an SA GAW stock (late for this rifle)

The Winchester and Springfield made it out to the range 6/6/12 in honor of the 68th anniversary of the D-day landings in Normandy.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Took my M1 Rifles out for a few photos last night, and a chance to get some warm sunshine on them.

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

4th: '43 Springfield with correct parts, except for a slot gas plug and round clip latch. It wears an SA GAW stock (late for this rifle)

The Winchester and Springfield made it out to the range 6/6/12 in honor of the 68th anniversary of the D-day landings in Normandy.

I hate you.

Enfieldno4mk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Shelbyville

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

That is really cruel. How could you torture us like that?
    I guess it is a good torture. Beautiful collection! :)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That is really cruel. How could you torture us like that?
    I guess it is a good torture. Beautiful collection! :)

Thanks! One of my collecting goals was to have an M1 from each of the 4 USGI manufacturers. Now that I've accomplished that, I've started thinking about what's next....maybe moving into Carbines or 1903's, or maybe trying to go after some of the more rare varients of the M1.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks! One of my collecting goals was to have an M1 from each of the 4 USGI manufacturers. Now that I've accomplished that, I've started thinking about what's next....maybe moving into Carbines or 1903's, or maybe trying to go after some of the more rare varients of the M1.

Sweet collection!! I love my Springfield M1 from '45 but I would also love to have a IHC!!!

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

Jeez…if only the wife would allow me to spend enough to invest in an M1 (or 3 or 5)!

Well done, sir. :bow:

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

VERY nice collection. I've got my correct Springfield from '42, a '53 HRA and an IHC mixmaster that I shoot alot. Still looking for the right Winchester. I want a really nice one but they are hard to find right now. I'm curious...how long have you had the WRA and how did you acquire it?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    VERY nice collection. I've got my correct Springfield from '42, a '53 HRA and an IHC mixmaster that I shoot alot. Still looking for the right Winchester. I want a really nice one but they are hard to find right now. I'm curious...how long have you had the WRA and how did you acquire it?

I got the WRA up at the North store last may. Actually bought 2, one for me and one for my Dad. I've added parts to them over the last year to get as close to all WRA as I could. The Barrel, Op Rod, and Stock are the hard and expensive parts to find.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a 3rd WRA up there...bad wood on it, but had a WRA slant op-rod on it and a few other parts. :xmad:

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I got the WRA up at the North store last may. Actually bought 2, one for me and one for my Dad. I've added parts to them over the last year to get as close to all WRA as I could. The Barrel, Op Rod, and Stock are the hard and expensive parts to find.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a 3rd WRA up there...bad wood on it, but had a WRA slant op-rod on it and a few other parts. :xmad:

Nice finds. I was up there a few weeks ago and All the winchesters were garbage. I'm holding out for a ww2 period Winchester receiver and correct barrel. I want the primary part correct and I am willing to do as you have and improve over time.

Great investments on your part. I really think they'll continue to appreciate significantly.

Thanks for sharing.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here is my M14 rifle and setup.

I forgot to toss in my 2quart canteen and my woodland camo boonie hat. But the pillow is USGI, only ACU item I own. Came free as packing material with something else I bought.

come%20get%20some.jpg

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    Here is my M14 rifle and setup.

I forgot to toss in my 2quart canteen and my woodland camo boonie hat. But the pillow is USGI, only ACU item I own. Came free as packing material with something else I bought.

come%20get%20some.jpg

Gotta just throw in a little correction…the ACU pillow is not Government Issue. That's just my :twocents: and ensuring correct nomenclature all around. Very strange that someone would use that as packing material!

Very nice M14, by the way. Me likey.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Ok I have my Savage 10 Should i Dura Coat it Camo Or Hydrodip it skulls or just leave it basic black any ideas

What do you use it for? If just punching paper on the bench, just leave it black, since you might sell it later for something else. The next guy might not appreciate a awesome skull dip.

If you do any hunting with it, I suggest a camo job.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Gotta just throw in a little correction…the ACU pillow is not Government Issue. That's just my :twocents: and ensuring correct nomenclature all around. Very strange that someone would use that as packing material!

Very nice M14, by the way. Me likey.

It came from someone on an Army base who sent a me something else. So I can not imagine that it came from anywhere but the PX. It was a Fort Sill address.

Top Bottom