• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Does anyone know what the laws are pertaining to long guns kept in your vehicle? I know with my carry permit, I can legally have a hangun in my glove compartment. Can I legally keep a rifle or shotgun with rounds in the mag or tube in my vehicle as well? If so, do I have to disclose that if I am stopped in a traffic stop? If you can point out the actual code that allows me too (if so) also, that would be great.

Thanks!!!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    There is no law saying you can't keep a loaded long gun in your car, no duty to inform in Indiana

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    You say "with my carry permit". If you have an LTCH you can have the handgun anywhere in your vehicle in any condition. There are no laws delegating where or how a long gun would be kept at all. Even without an ltch, you can have a loaded ar in your passenger seat. I wouldn't advise that of course.

edit: To be clear, there are still restrictions on some places you can't have ANY gun.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The lack of a regulation prohibiting it is what allows it, however, as with other things that are legal by default, be prepared to hire a lawyer to help you explain it to ill-informed members of the government. :)

Top Bottom