Longtime liberal friend wants to buy a gun now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not everyone ranks firearm freedom at the top of there decision tree; especially if they own less than ...mmm... six.

As to the second part, Lord knows that it certainly isn't split along party lines.

I don’t rank firearms first. Speech is well more powerful. There are lots of people with guns that aren’t free.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don’t rank firearms first. Speech is well more powerful. There are lots of people with guns that aren’t free.

Assuming you mean outside the US? Who are the people with guns that aren't free?

As far as I know we are the only nation with a First Amendment to protect the right of free speech and the only nation with a second amendment to protect the right to keep and bear arms. The two go hand in hand.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    d7a6f4bd52d6343ad571fe6d254d8c85.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guess I'm not the only annoying one...

[video=youtube;CUG1fK46YzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUG1fK46YzY[/video]

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not everyone ranks firearm freedom at the top of there decision tree; especially if they own less than ...mmm... six.

As to the second part, Lord knows that it certainly isn't split along party lines.

Something something six is none or something like that is how it goes?

Everyone is more closed minded than they believe.

We were wondering when you were going to realize that about yourself. We were talking behind your back in the super secret "we are the open minded ones" thread.

This is a very good point, and it goes along with everyone thinks they are centrist or just slightly one way or the other.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Assuming you mean outside the US? Who are the people with guns that aren't free?

As far as I know we are the only nation with a First Amendment to protect the right of free speech and the only nation with a second amendment to protect the right to keep and bear arms. The two go hand in hand.
    This! It's why firearms are first.
    I have found myself becoming a hardcore 1 issue voter over the last many years.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well guys it didn't take long she is already asking about getting another gun. I told her if Biden gets in any semiautomatic 10rds or more maybe put in jeopardy. She said Biden is an idiot and isn't going to get her gun. She is going to vote for Trump.
    I believe I made a liberal see the truth.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Poppycock.

Think back over time to any issues regarding the first amendment - even down to the Ten Commandments at a courthouse, or a prayer before a football game.

Were any of those resolved with firearms?

Does anyone ever say, "if our church isn't tax deductible, we'll start shooting."?

Does the city think, "Well, we better let this gathering happen, or we'll get shot?"

Nope.

Replace the word "shot" with "sued", and yes.

This is a very good point, and it goes along with everyone thinks they are centrist or just slightly one way or the other.
    Oh, they're (incl. me*) bad too. Everyone has their blind spots.

* I'm far right of centrist, but on INGO I sure look centrist.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I can add another one... long time friend, big time Trump hater, just texted me that he is thinking of buying a gun.

He and his wife used to live in the city, but got tired of all of the crime around them so they moved into the suburbs. That did nothing to change their liberal ways, so I doubt this is a sign of any political change either.

Wait till they find out there is a waiting period and ammo is scarce. Then the panic will set in.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    <:soapbox:>

Labels just don't really work because people are all different. You can have people who vote republican but don't like guns. You can have people who vote democrat and have more guns than you do. Labels are just dumb in general. Your back story provided good context though, that she used to be anti-gun but has changed her mind, so I'm not "throwing shade" at you for calling her a "liberal."

Labels are part of the problem with the division in this country.

</:soapbox:>

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Clay Pigeon and Churchmouse. I am to let you both know she appreciated everything you guys done for her.
    I've almost talked her into coming over to the forum and enjoy it. I think she would learn a lot here. She would see that not all gun owners are alike and come from diverse communities and ideals.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Clay Pigeon and Churchmouse. I am to let you both know she appreciated everything you guys done for her.
    I've almost talked her into coming over to the forum and enjoy it. I think she would learn a lot here. She would see that not all gun owners are alike and come from diverse communities and ideals.
    INGO is a big tent.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

No worries here, reach out if she needs more or if another caliber is needed and I will see whats in stock. Glad to help...

Top Bottom