• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I love my S&W M&P 9c. Now I love it even more with an x-grip on a 17 round full size mag. Check it out.

IMG_0796.JPG

You can see other pics here https://picasaweb.google.com/115560526450946073512/SWMP9cWithXGrip#

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nice!

I ran a class utilizing this set up.

I found that the gap between the gun grip and the X-grip would pinch a bit. Not enough to hinder use, mind you, just an annoyance.

But now that I have a FS version, I think it's just the compact mags in the compact pistol....unless I'm in another training class then we'll see.

-J-

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If I ever get a compact MP.....that is the setup I will use....my paws are just too big to use the standard grip on it. Plus....I can use all my 9mm PRO 17 round clips...:)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If I ever get a compact MP.....that is the setup I will use....my paws are just too big to use the standard grip on it. Plus....I can use all my 9mm PRO 17 round clips...:)

The standard mags + pinky extension are the bees knees!

Flat mag base plates are too small... FS mag is too big...

The C is aimed at the "carry concealed" crowd. The hardest part of any firearm to conceal is the grip. So, taking a pistol aimed at CC, and then adding the FS grip really kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

I don't carry my C with the FS mag/X-grip. I MIGHT carry the FS mag as my spare.

But I'd not buy a C model specifically to carry with the FS mag; I'd just buy an FS model for that.

:twocents:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The C is aimed at the "carry concealed" crowd. The hardest part of any firearm to conceal is the grip. So, taking a pistol aimed at CC, and then adding the FS grip really kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

:twocents:
    I own an M&P9 and the 9c. I totally agree with Indy Guy. I conceal carry both guns but the grip is the hard part to conceal and that long mag just makes me want to carry a standard M&P9.

Top Bottom