• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Dimples on the receiver usually aren't found on a Romanian factory WASR build.

Rivet pattern on receiver for front trunion is European. The Chinese pattern is one rivet low forward, one high slightly rearward.

Pistol grip has the Chinese look but the complete furniture package does not look like any European I have seen. Vents in handguard not standard (Chinese upper handguard has no vents) and stock is not standard AKM shape.

Regardless, it is a nice looking rifle at what I agree a very reasonable price that will still give you years of enjoyment.

By the way, if it was/is a WASR it will have "WASR" stamped on the left forward side of the receiver.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    it would say wasr on it if i remember right. Been a while since i had mine but i dont think it is. Havent seen a wasr with wood pistol grip or finished wood, unless someone did it to it. But i could be wrong.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Why? My (10) mags are "plastic" and run circles around worn out milsurp, steel mags and are lighter and tighter. But they are also $40.00 a pop so...

Plastic mags don't give it that evil look. I have had two steel mags with my Ak since 1985 they are not worn out yet. Oh and back then you got 2 30 rounders and a 75 round drum plus 440 rounds in the package. All still function just fine. The 30 rounders have the round count holes. Today plastic is all the rage. Us old folks still like cold steel and wood. Sorry. Just old here carry on.

Sorry that gun was introduced in 1947 so to me the mags should be steel. Run what you have by all means after all the fun in an Ak is rounds down range plastic or steel mags are all welcome.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Looks a lot like my chicom Norinco. However that may mean little since most of the export AKs were built off Soviet tooling.

also, I have 30+ steel mags because zombies can't break them...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Are the Romanian AK's good?
    This is better than a wasr. Since it's a sar-1. Looks like someone threaded the muzzle and also added a wood pistol grip. I don't know what your guns would have sold for cash wise and the fact that you paid cash too makes me think you overpaid. But $600 would be a fair price for a sar-1. They fetch more than wasr's do. I'll warn you they are known for trigger slap if it has the original trigger. If the trigger has "g2" stamped on I then your good to go. If not and you feel trigger slap just put a $25 tapco g2 trigger in it.
    if you wanna sell it or the wood pistol grip I'm your huckleberry :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sadly the night sights no longer glow :(
    The tritium capsules were probably taken out for import and glow in the dark or white paint inserted in the holes. Even the YUGO'S with night sights have the tritium removed because it's against import laws
    you can buy tritium capsules and fix them if you wanna get die hard about it. I like my AK's all naturale the best

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Eventually it will get new furniture so I can put a light and optic on it

Please don't quad rails and flashlights are for AR's.
    Ak's don't need no stinking rails or flashlights. The only thing it needs is more ammo. (Maybe more cow bell)

Then again I like revolvers and blue steel and walnut.
    Shoot it buy more ammo shoot it some more.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Since this will be my primary weapon other than handgun it will be ready to defend my home and family. Therefore the light is 100% necessary. I will eventually when money allows own multiple and will leave one Un-molested

Top Bottom