• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    While working at a clinical trials laboratory I recall learning from the MD's, PhD's, Drug Rep's, etc. that during the course of a drug trial, any and all reactions and complaints must be noted. So if someone in the trial complained of a headache after every dose, headache was to be included in possible side effects (assuming the complainer rec'd drug not placebo). There were other metrics, but that's the gist. These companies have, on staff, "data scientist". Their job is to, um, massage the actual data so that it presents the best possible picture for the drug company while not overtly crossing over ethical and legal lines. The fact that this data is straight from the horses mouth is Damning!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And this is why I have hesitated to get the Covid-19 vaccine.

I am NOT against vaccines. I'm all for them, once we understand the risk /reward equation.

Just this year I got the flu vaccine and the pneumonia vaccine. I've also been vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepatitis B. I believe the the efficacy of vaccines, and their safety - once they have undergone rigorous scientific testing.

I still need to read the whole thing but this kind of crap is what we get when we react out of fear and panic. It's how we ended up with the Patriot Act, and many other bad laws and policies.

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    While working at a clinical trials laboratory I recall learning from the MD's, PhD's, Drug Rep's, etc. that during the course of a drug trial, any and all reactions and complaints must be noted. So if someone in the trial complained of a headache after every dose, headache was to be included in possible side effects (assuming the complainer rec'd drug not placebo). There were other metrics, but that's the gist. These companies have, on staff, "data scientist". Their job is to, um, massage the actual data so that it presents the best possible picture for the drug company while not overtly crossing over ethical and legal lines. The fact that this data is straight from the horses mouth is Damning!

It is also my understanding that for a variety of reasons the drug companies can legitimately "omit" certain reactions or data by cutting folks who are having a reaction. They find somewhere on their application where they lied, or forgot some piece of information and they are no longer "in the study," therefore their adverse reaction doesn't count in the final tally.

I could be wrong on this. I don't know, but it seems like a legitimate reason to cut someone that may(?) be misused by the drug companies.

Doug

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    And this is why I have hesitated to get the Covid-19 vaccine.

I am NOT against vaccines. I'm all for them, once we understand the risk /reward equation.

Just this year I got the flu vaccine and the pneumonia vaccine. I've also been vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepatitis B. I believe the the efficacy of vaccines, and their safety - once they have undergone rigorous scientific testing.

I still need to read the whole thing but this kind of crap is what we get when we react out of fear and panic. It's how we ended up with the Patriot Act, and many other bad laws and policies.

Doug

My reasoning for being slow to accept vaccination as well. From the get go I don't think anybody had a handle on the virus or accurate test data, but leadership was advancing political agendas and drug companies were raking in cash. As time has progressed I've noted that the hype has been amped up to the point where vaccination has become more of participation in this money generating agenda than anything else. Mixed in with this big media has turned the virus vaccination into some sort of quasi religious crusade, condemning unvaccinated people as Luddites at best or apostates at worst.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    My reasoning for being slow to accept vaccination as well. From the get go I don't think anybody had a handle on the virus or accurate test data, but leadership was advancing political agendas and drug companies were raking in cash. As time has progressed I've noted that the hype has been amped up to the point where vaccination has become more of participation in this money generating agenda than anything else. Mixed in with this big media has turned the virus vaccination into some sort of quasi religious crusade, condemning unvaccinated people as Luddites at best or apostates at worst.
    IMG_0521.JPG
    Posted before, but still holds true...

Top Bottom