• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Dick's sporting goods in Fort Wayne sells the Savage 17hmr. Get one with the accu-trigger and you won't be disapointed. They normally carry them with either the wood or synthetic stock and sometimes have them with the thumbhole option.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I think we have both the Henry Lever gun in stock as well as several Marlin, Savage, and CZ's in .17HMR. We'll blow any local shops prices away and are just south of Fort Wayne about 25 minutes in Bluffton. Drop the shop a call at 260.824.5530..

I've never shot the lever guns, but have owned a Ruger and a few Savage bolt guns and they are tack drivers. My savage has killed hundreds of groundhogs..

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Go for it, I have a Savage in .17hmr and without a doubt it is the most accurite gun I know of out to 100yds. It beats out my AR .223 easy, it can hold all 5rds from one clip in the size of a quarter at 100yds.

feriil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Savage if your on a budget, CZ otherwise. I've handled several .17's in stores and on the Marlins...action is rough, the cuts look terrible etc...same with most other low end brands.

The Savage has a great trigger and as every now knows great accuracy (even if action smoothness is nothing to write home about) - don't take a chance on another low end brand. I doubt the CZ will be better than the Savage accuracy but it will look better shooting the same groups and CZ's are known for slick actions. With the CZ you'll also need to get a cheap $15 trigger kit if you want a real nice trigger.

glock27

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Thanks Jahred. I got my CMMG AR from you guys about a year ago. Very pleased with it!
    I was looking at getting a Henry Lever action or a CZ bolt. Still up in the air. Thanks for the advise!

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    I highly advise you go to the savage bolt action those little puppys are sweet Ive shot groundhogs at 100+ with mine like nothing. Infact a 147yd shot is my personal .17 record kill shot. That was done with a cheap bushnell scope you know a walmart speacial. So it wasnt the scope it was all pure accurate rifle.

Top Bottom