• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naandme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Muncie
    Picked up a marlin 62 in .256 win mag looking for some ammo. Not really looking to neck down any 357 mag brass.
    thanks

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Why in the world would you buy a rifle in such an obscure caliber if you're not going to reload for it? You'll probably find some ammo, but be prepared for a little sticker shock.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Apparently necking down 357 brass is an issue but forming 358 wsm 1.8" isn't?

Sorry, but to broom's point, you'll be necking down or searching endlessly and paying $2-$3 a round.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Apparently necking down 357 brass is an issue but forming 358 wsm 1.8" isn't?

Sorry, but to broom's point, you'll be necking down or searching endlessly and paying $2-$3 a round.

Kind of ironic, given that making 256 Win Mag brass from 357 is a breeze, compared to making 358WSM cases! Also, there is plenty of documented load data for the 256WM. :)

Naandme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Muncie
    Well taking a 325 wsm and creating a 358 is easy but taking a 357 mag in to a 256 is a little harder and very time consuming and seeing how I bought the rifle for a 100$ with original sling and scope I figure I can afford a box of ammo. Reeds has it from time to time but they have been out of it for a bit. And none on gun broker other than some for the single shot ruger hawkeye. So with that said I assume that you guys just want to make opinions and really have nothing to offer. Lol

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    My Opinion would help you...

If you would become a Site Supporter, you could access the Classifieds and THAT would benefit you NOW--Get my point???..Bill.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Well taking a 325 wsm and creating a 358 is easy but taking a 357 mag in to a 256 is a little harder and very time consuming and seeing how I bought the rifle for a 100$ with original sling and scope I figure I can afford a box of ammo. Reeds has it from time to time but they have been out of it for a bit. And none on gun broker other than some for the single shot ruger hawkeye. So with that said I assume that you guys just want to make opinions and really have nothing to offer. Lol

With all due respect, the comment in bold above illustrates that you may not understand the processes involved with forming these particular cases. Of the two, the 256 is a lot easier, since there is no trimming involved. In fact, with the right case-forming dies, it's as easy as annealing and pulling a handle twice.

I'll give you twice what you paid for the rifle, sight unseen.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Ok you peaked my interest. Do you need special forming dies for this? Which ones? I have a universal carbine I'd love to shoot but I'd also like an endless source of brass.

Top Bottom