• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I"m wanting a 22 LR pistol to take with me when I take my M&P 15 -22 out shooting. I'm thinking I could shoot them both all day for next to nothing. I'm thinking a Sig Mosquito or a Walther P-22. Just wanted to hear what other shooters think. It would just be used for target and plinking. If you have any ideas or comments lets hear them. Thanks

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Phoenix arms makes the pa22, I've fired several of them, and myself and my wife both own one. As long as you keep them clean, you will not have any problems, and they can be had NIB for around $120. They also make a 6" barrel extension, although I've never used one. I had a Walther years ago, and it was a fine gun, never dealt with a Sig.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I have the P-22 and I think it's a great little handgun. It weighs close to nothing, seems accurate enough, and runs well.

That said, I wish I could find a short barrel version of the S&W 22a.

I also have a Phoenix Arms HP-22, it was my first ever firearm. I like it as well.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    i really dig my p22, but it's a little finicky on ammo. it seems to like mini-mags and federal bulk and not much else. my real favorite at the range is my h&r sportsman 9 shot revolver. i love it, and haven't met anyone who didn't like shooting it. highly recommended if you can find one.

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I own a Ruger MkII, and enjoy it very much. It may be a little heavy, but is alot of fun, nonetheless.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Hands down, a Buckmark....The MOST accurate pistol I own....Its a blast to shoot, and like you said, its for plinking with your SWMP22, I bet with iron sights the rifle and pistol will be close.......IMHO

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I have a Sig Mosquito and I like it. When I first got it it would like the fail to eject and feed. Since then I've only been shooting the federals and every now and then I'll get a few problems but overall I'd say it's good.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i have the p22 and i enjoy it. you just have to make sure you use high velocity ammo like mini mags to ensure the action cycles. they are great to shoot for cheap!

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Ive got a p22 and love it! It is a little picky on ammo but not as bad as some. I run remington high velocity bulk pack through them and have very little problem. I have heard that the sig is even more picky about the ammo it likes.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    New here, but here is my 2 centavos worth....

I never thought I would like the .22lr caliber guns, as I love the big-bore stuff, BIG bang, BIG hole, Big fun.....but I had to admit, the .22lr guns are a ton-o-fun in a small package, and easier on the wallet.

Can't go wrong with a MARK II or III , mine can be a bit picky on ammo, but usually any quality ammo will do ( A WARNING, THOUGH: stay away from Winchester .22lr ammo, they have had lots of problems with over-loaded rounds...fair warning..) .

I also own the Browning Buckmark long slide, fine and accurate plinking pistol...grip is a good fit, too, with lots of after-market grips available....

Have fun, and stay safe....I am Out ..;)

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I love my Buckmark. It has fired everything have feed it. It's super accurate, I actualy hit a 20 ounce water bottle from 25 yards away. That's what I would reccomend!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My first revolver ever was a Ruger Single-Six in .22lr and .22mag with a 6.5" barrel in stainless steel. I've had a couple of other .22's, but the little Ruger, I still have it! Probably one of the most accurate and enjoyable pistols I have....no doubts!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Instead of a P22 or a skeeter, why don't you try a Sig two step? GB has two 229s right now, one for 445.00 and one for 500.00. Bud's has a 229 and a 226. These feed better than a skeeter, and you can upgrade to a full centerfire slide and barrel later. They also shoot better than a skeeter or a p22, at least mine does. Lots less picky on ammo, too.

Top Bottom