• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Another vote for the LCP. Love mine. Just don't expect it to be a fun range gun. Not it's purpose.

There are lots of perps on death row that have killed someone with a 22lr.

mconnery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Richmond, IN.
    I have and carry on a daily basis the ruger LCP and the Kel Tec 380. Like them both, both have the Crimson Trace cause they have no sight system but either will do you you.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    why would u want one. and they dont make 1911 in that calibur. cant help u there

First of all, a 380 is a great if you want to carry a small sized firearm
    Second, do some research before spouting off. The colt mustang and sig p238 are based off 1911 platforms
    Third, if you can't help or have nothing to offer then do everyone a favor and keep your absurd comments to yourself.

Btw, it's CALIBER not CALIBUR.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I thought I saw a new issue Colt Government 380 at last weekend's gun show. I really like mine for a very small pocket pistol. I don't know if it was a new issue or a NIB classic.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I thought I saw a new issue Colt Government 380 at last weekend's gun show. I really like mine for a very small pocket pistol. I don't know if it was a new issue or a NIB classic.

Colt is re introducing the mustang. They have a very limited availability right now but look for more of them to be available this spring and summer

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Have you considered a 9x18 Makarov? I have a P 64 that is pretty much a Walther PPK .380 chambered in a better, hotter round at 1/3rd the cost.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    The bodyguard has better sights than the LCP. The laser is pretty much useless in most situations. The body guard will shoot any quality ammo.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd probably grab the Sig 230 before the BG380, but I carry a doublestack .45 EDC, so don't mind the weight.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    My wife and I both love the Bersa .380. And it's cheaper than the rest on grabagun. I'd also consider the sig p238. Though, that's some serious money for something that will never be a real hand gun. Its SAO though, and I like that in a tiny handgun.

I agree I love my bersa. It is cheap sure but it is one of the few exceptions to 'you get what you pay for' I had a bg.380 as well not a bad pistol but I was not comfortable with it at all. The pocket pistols are all very good honestly, but for me I would go with a Walter ppk type over the polymor ones anyway. That said I carry my glock more than anything lol.

verniebernie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Bradenton Florida
    BodyGaurd I have had mine now for months and love it. Slim, compact, has factory lazer installed and is extremly accurate. Long trigger pull designed not to discharge when in pocket.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I carry a Sig P230 in an IWB holster almost daily and have no qualms about it or the 380 round. The Sig is accurate, lightweight and comfortable to carry and it functions 100% of the time. As for the .380 it is a decent round and will do what you ask from it if you do your part. Most self defense shootings are within 7 feet I believe and involve very few rounds so you don't need a match tuned double stack auto to defend yourself. But as always carry and shoot what YOU feel comfortable with. :twocents:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll add another recommendation for the Sig P238. It's a great gun and one of the few pocket 380s that are fun to shoot. A Bersa 380CC is also worth checking out. It's about half the price of the Sig, but is larger. It tends to be a bit snappier in recoil that the Sig, but it's not as bad as other pocket 380s.

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Looking for a .380

I own a Bersa Thunder .380 and carry it easily.
    Take a good look at all the Bersa .380's they are a tried and true gun.
    I know 5 people who own them and all luv them.

APB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    I have had both a Bersa CC .380 and a Ruger LCP. The Bersa is fun to shoot at the range, very accurate and reliable, but it weighs a lot more and is a lot bigger than the LCP. The LCP is a real easy carry, even in the front pocket of your jeans. It is reliable when shooting, but it is not a gun that is fun to shoot at the range.

boomboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    Get the Ruger LCP and put the keltec p3at pocket clip on it. It fits with just a little minor bending. Its cheapest on ebay knock out the pin slide the keltec pin and use the little allen wrench they give you to put the screw on it and you are good to go.
    You wont even feel you are carrying.

Cowboy 44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Another vote for the lcp. I had a Taurus tcp and traded it on a lc9 . The lc9 is to big to pocket carry.

With that said Im picking up a used lcp tcp his weekend.

I have also owned keltech pf9 and p11 I like the feel if the ruger better than the other small dao guns

Top Bottom