• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I got a Cobra Duty belt from SOE gear. I've had it for 3 years and it shows no sign of wear. I'll be buying another if this current one ever decides to give up the ghost. Nothing but good things to say about it. I wear it whenever I wear jeans.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I use a belt I got at the 1500. Guys has a ton of them layed out for about 35 bucks each. Super heavy leather belt similar, I think, to the one phylodog posted...just cheaper. I've head 2. Neither has worn out. 2nd one was bought due to a size increase in my waist.

I bought a black one and a brown from that guy. They are awesome. The black one is a full 1/4 inch thick. I made sure I picked out a thinner brown one. It's a struggle to get the thicker one through the beltloops on some of my pants. Even the thinner one holds up my pants and a 4 inch, 44 mag.:yesway:

I can't remember the guy's name that sells them. Think he was out of Auburn, Indiana.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I know not everyone likes these, but I've been pleased with mine over the last few years. LAPG has a great deal on some blems right now.

5.11 Tactical 1.75" Operator Belt FACTORY SECONDS

for the money I don't recommend these. I own one and wear it still. But it has gotten soft after a year of use. 5.11 will not warranty it. I can crush it with my hand. The stiffness is gone. I'll go SOE next belt.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    for the money I don't recommend these. I own one and wear it still. But it has gotten soft after a year of use. 5.11 will not warranty it. I can crush it with my hand. The stiffness is gone. I'll go SOE next belt.

Had an old one, which was great. Lost some weight and bought a new one, and the new one is flimsy as all hell. Not the same product at all.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    I went with the SOE low profile belt only because it was on a good sale this week and so it is easier to carry appendix. But i may order a bio belt just to have options. Thanks for all the responses!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I cannot stand SOE and will do whatever it takes to avoid ever giving them a dollar!

I like the Ares belt but wish they had some of the updates that the other belt makers are offering these days.

Last edited:

Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    Biobelt!!! Dress belt for business all week. To the woods for cutting. Under the truck as a mechanic. Cinched tight to hold it all in. I'd buy a spare, but can't see a need. Can't see wearing this one out!

Gun Chooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I cannot stand SOE and will do whatever it takes to avoid ever giving them a dollar!

I like the Are belt but wish they had some of the updates that the other belt makers are offering these days.

Ill second this.

Glad i checked in here though, i hadnt heard of the heavily favored bio belt and am in the market as well.

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    Poe and sons in Portage carry Amish made heavy leather belts with a roller buckle very reasonably priced, I still have my first one from 18 yrs ago and it won't die.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    I know not everyone likes these, but I've been pleased with mine over the last few years. LAPG has a great deal on some blems right now.

5.11 Tactical 1.75" Operator Belt FACTORY SECONDS

I have a 1.5 & 1.75 both in casual leather.

One is a couple years old, other is less than a year.

Leather is still extremely stiff in both.

Both of mine came from old stock at a uniform store.

I can't comment on the new production line, yet I'd still recommend.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Had an old one, which was great. Lost some weight and bought a new one, and the new one is flimsy as all hell. Not the same product at all.

I've had mine for 4-5 years and still love it. I'm glad to know about the change in quality, as I was considering ordering a spare at this price.

Top Bottom