• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    As i mentioned in my welcome post I carry a Kahr CW 40, haven't been carrying it too long though, i like the gun a lot, its compact and fits well however i am using a cheap Uncle mikes holster i picked up at midwest gun exchange when i bought the gun and frankly it stinks. I carry at the small of my back, in the six o'clock position, Its hard to put in my waist band and the retention strap itches the heck out of me. :xmad: I'm more then happy to take any suggestions on carry position and holsters i should get.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I carried mine daily in a High Noon Split Decision.

And would often forget I was carrying it.

It's IWB / Tuckable, but they have a non-tuckable version too. (just can't think of the name)

They're leather, but unmolded. You let the belt pressure + body heat + body moisture act on the holster while you're wearing it. Eventually it'll sort of "mold" itself to the gun.

ONE drawback: the mouth isn't reinforced. It'll take more than 1 hand to reholster should you need to draw. (ie, not a good holster to use for a class)

-J-

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I carry a Kahr K40 in my supertuck all day long and hardly notice it's there, I do carry at 4 oclock though

Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    The High Noon Split Decision looks like a nice one! How long is the break in period? Also, i do a lot of driving, how comfortable is it to sit on?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The High Noon Split Decision looks like a nice one! How long is the break in period? Also, i do a lot of driving, how comfortable is it to sit on?

They are pretty nice for the money, that's for sure.

Break in... no break in to speak of, that I recall. They instruct you to put your pistol in the plastic bag the holster ships inside. Then run the pistol in and out of the holster several times.

That's only if you want to, though.

They also come with a tension screw set inside two rubber washers. I had mine set pretty tight.

I drove a fair amount as well. While you know there's a pistol there when driving, the Kahr + that holster was still quite comfortable for me.

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The High Noon Split Decision looks like a nice one! How long is the break in period? ...

+1 on the Split Decision. About zero breakin. Carried around 4 o'clock - very comfortable. The CW40 is a light gun. It doesn't need a lot of supporting structure.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I carry my CW9 the same way @ 6. I use a Blackhawk size 1.
    I'm right handed but I use the left handed IWB so the gun grip faces my right side. I've been using it for the last year and find it very comfortable, except on long car rides.

AnimalMother88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Holsters by RGrizzle

The wait is a little long as it's that time of year again. Which is also a testament to his craftsmanship. I have a city slicker. It's quite comfortable, retains and conceals well also. Not to mention the fact that Ryan's one of the nicest guys to talk to and deal with.

Guns007.jpg

Top Bottom