• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pool67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Homecroft
    I bought a Lee 4 hole turret press kit and i just can not seem to get the scale to read the same weight 2 out of 10 times using the same pan of powder, seem as if the hook on the pan will not sit in the same position on the beam causing the scale to read different almost everytime. could anyone give some advice on my problem or a better scale. thanks in advance.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I used a Lyman balance scale for years but I loaned it out while I wasn't relaoding. When I got started again I bought a Hornady electronic. I think it was about $50 or so. It works very well, comes with a calibration weight and is very repeatable even with tiny charges. Batteries seem to last a long time and it doesn't take up much bench space. Has a few annoying features like the auto shutoff but it is a solid scale for the money.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Become a Site Supporter..

Join INGO as a Site Supporter ($15.00) and watch the classified, reloading section..I'm sure that you can find a good quality, reasonable priced scale..Bill

FWIW: I have used a RCBS 5-10 scale for years+it is right on..

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I have a 505 and rcbs has amazing customer service. That being said the scale is made by ohaus and the dillion eliminator is the same scale with a different look made by ohaus. It is also almost half the price of the 505.

pool67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Homecroft
    I am thinking of a RCBS 505 scale and
    I would like to know if there is any advance of buying a RCBS 1010 scale over a RCBS 505 for pistol loads.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Pool67. I cannot think of any reason a pistol loader would need a 1000 grain scale. A .45 COLT bullet only weighs 255 grains. The heaviest bullet I ever loaded was a 415 grain I cast for muzzle loader. The biggest rifle powder charge I ever used was about 65 grains. I have never needed all the capacity of the 505, let alone needed the capacity of the 1010.

That part said, and having actually used one, I think the back part of the 1010 scale base actually blocks a little air movement so the beam stablizes a little quicker and the self storing capability is nice. I found a box to store my 505 in and set the box behind the scale when I use it, so I compensated without spending any money.
    Good Luck

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Best bang for the buck I found was at cabelas, this scale is probably available elsewhere though:
    Cabela's: Salter Brecknell CB50 Digital Scale

Salter Brecknell CB50 Digital Scale $31.00

I didn't order one when I started reloading because I already had one... as it turned out I couldn't find it so I dropped by cabelas on my way home one night and used my coupon for one.

Works great and very accurate. For the price, you can't beat it. I'm glad I didn't spend the money on the one from brianenos. I was about to when I decided to drop by cabelas.

skey01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I have a couple great condition beam scales I would sell either one for a fair price let me know if your interested

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I was able to find a cheap no name digital scale off of ebay for Less than $10. Came with a known weight bar to calibrate everyonce in a while. Has been very good for me and I've used it for about 3 years now. I have also tested it against some other known weighted items and has been accurate.
    Hope this helps.

Top Bottom