• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Omega Seamaster, it will last a life time. They are self winding. I have two. My first one belonged to my grandfather, and is about 50 years old. No maintenance during this time. The second I bought when I closed my first big account. Waterproof to 1000 feet. Bulletproof. You will never have to buy another watch.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Kobold. Swiss precision, but made in the US.

I've worn a Tag Link Caliber 5 for the last few years and I've been very happy. It fits all of your requirents.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I love my Submariner... but I have others that keep better time. Talk to Bob at PSS he gas a couple nice Omega's.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    OK I am looking at different watches and honestly I have checked on every suggestion, thank you. As for a choice, I like this watch for it's features, moderate price, looks to be an option.

Let me know your honest thoughts, if you have one, if you hated having one, etc.

http://pathfinder.casio.com/watches/index.php?product=F6D4FC3C-DC32-48F6-90D5-E10A9EB169D1
    pag240-1_detail.gif

Still haven't made a choice, just still looking, it's almost as bad as the hunt for a new battle rifle but thats another thread starter..lol

Thanks,

KMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I really like my G Shock. I prefer the models with actual hands and not digital, and Atomic power. I wear mine every day for last several years and I am pretty hard on it. Looks like it will last a while longer.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Luminox is a great watch. I really like the Trase H3's. I have 2. One is GI issue w/ green tritium, radiation symbol marked, no date window, and the other is the code blue.

Same here, Luminox!!

Rolex does not keep accurate time and and does not show up after dark.

KMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I have had nothing but good experiences with my Seiko SNP-007.

That's a good looking watch! I have a couple Tissots and a TAG... but for every day working and shooting I wear my G Shock cause its a whole lot cheaper and I don't have to worry about it getting beat up. Just my :twocents:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    That's a good looking watch! I have a couple Tissots and a TAG... but for every day working and shooting I wear my G Shock cause its a whole lot cheaper and I don't have to worry about it getting beat up. Just my :twocents:

Thanks. I wear this thing no matter what I am doing. Wear it swimming, showering, shooting, etc. I really enjoy the fact that it doesn't have batteries or need winding.

KMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Thanks. I wear this thing no matter what I am doing. Wear it swimming, showering, shooting, etc. I really enjoy the fact that it doesn't have batteries or need winding.

The no batteries and no winding is a huge plus to me. I hate picking up one of my other watches and finding it dead and having to either then go get a new battery or fix the time and date. Happens often for me as I have several watches and don't wear most of them very often.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    OK I am looking at different watches and honestly I have checked on every suggestion, thank you. As for a choice, I like this watch for it's features, moderate price, looks to be an option.

Let me know your honest thoughts, if you have one, if you hated having one, etc.

http://pathfinder.casio.com/watches/index.php?product=F6D4FC3C-DC32-48F6-90D5-E10A9EB169D1
    pag240-1_detail.gif

Still haven't made a choice, just still looking, it's almost as bad as the hunt for a new battle rifle but thats another thread starter..lol

Thanks,

I hear ya bro. It took me forever to decide too.

My opinion, you will not be sorry with this watch. Great functionality, wears comfortably, is accurate, and won't break the bank.

I have a pathfinder and wear it every day, even when wearing a suit to work. I will say that the watch is big. You don't realize it until you put it on. It doesn't take long to get used to it though. Now, all my other watches seem so small.

Temperature reading is only accurate if you remove the watch from your wrist and let it sit for about 1 min and then take a reading. Your body temperature screws it up if you don't do that. Compass is extremely accurate.

I travel a lot to areas where the atomic time signal doesn't reach so I opted for a the model without it. Watch keeps great time, I've never had to adjust it so I'm not sure what the big deal is with it.

Hope this helps. This watch is really like a sore di#%, you can't beat it.

Good luck

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I agree with all the posters praising the Casio G-Shock line, but the OP is asking for a mechanical watch.

OP, without knowing your budget, I say look no farther than Seiko.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010

pag240-1_detail.gif

Thanks,

If you are looking for the similar features of the pathfinder, take a look at Timex's Expedition line, I've been wearing one of the e-tide compass variants for about a year now & it's easily my favorite watch & I also get compliments on it all of the time..

Here is the model I wear.

1097741998_4240583897_full.png

Top Bottom