looking for a holster for SR1911 any ideas (bikers)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    i recently purchased a SR1911 my first 1911. Looking for a decent holster that will conceal it good ( i travel to Ohio often). I have a king tuck for my Springfield sub-compact that i like. I also just purchased my first bike and plan to carry it while riding some.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I recommend the crossbreed supertuck for IWB carry, I'm a convert to them and they rock! For OWB I would say something with retention or a strap so it doesn't move while on the bike. :twocents:

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Garrett Industries(Silent thunder ...my favorite holster) or pretty much any belt loop/thumb break.

http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/

The Garretts are super high quality, and really do a good job of "retaining" the gun...they are not "active" retention so there is no clip or lock, but you really have to make the effort to draw the gun...its not just going to fall out of the holster.

I thought I would hate the kydex because Ive had such bad experiences with it...but I really like it...Ive got a whole pile of 1911 holsters and I carry the Garrett the most

God bless
    -Shred

Last edited:

Iyyobr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Check out OldFaithful holsters for Hybrid and Philster for all kydex both are the best in there styles and neither will break the bank and have fast turn arounds.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    To me, I guess there is still a question to be asked. What kind of riding are you doing? (sport bike or cruiser)

This mattered to me, because of riding position and I found my IWB, while riding my GSXR-1000, to be uncomfortable. The Kawi Mean-Streak on the other hand, was just fine for an IWB.

Just a few more things to take into consideration. Either way, congrats on the bike and the 1911 purchases!

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    i recently purchased a SR1911 my first 1911. Looking for a decent holster that will conceal it good ( i travel to Ohio often). I have a king tuck for my Springfield sub-compact that i like. I also just purchased my first bike and plan to carry it while riding some.

You do know that an Indiana ltch is no good in Ohio don't you? It's your rear end but why chance it unless you have another permit that covers Ohio?

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    I just today bought this one, Elite SOB Back Holster. I've been wanting a small of the back holster for my PT1911 and so far I really like it, and I was on my bike when I got it so it's good to go for riding. It does "print" with a full size pistol but it's made in the USA and at Quick Cash pawn shop in Greendale it was $32 dollars! So to me it's a win!!!:rockwoot:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Crossbreed Supertuck. Love mine. You never hear anything but good about them. Seems they really stand behind their products too. Check out their "seconds" too as I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot of 1911 holsters on there. I don't believe it's linked on their site, so just google it.

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    thanks for the input

Thanks. I will look at and compare reviews of all suggested . I will be riding a cruiser Honda VTX 1300R and i have permits from other states so i am legal in Ohio:ingo::D.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom