Looking for a new 9mm - CZ P-07 or G17,19 ?????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Ok guys - need your expertise.

I'm looking to get into 9mm and would like to know which of these two firearms is most reliable, accurate and carry friendly.

The CZ P-07

or

Glock Gen 3 or 4 17 or 19

Thanks for the input.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive got a Glock 19 and a CZ P-01.

I love both of them but I carry the Glock more. Mostly because it is by far easier to replace, find parts for, find holsters for, 33rnd mags are available, and its lighter.

But the CZ is by far more comfortable in the hand and is more acurate for me.

If you like the CZ and can find a decent holster then go for it. Otherwise the Glock is gonna be the best bet for an EDC.

Reliability I would say is a toss up. Both are very reliable.

Novocaine.223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Indy
    I carry my CZ P-07 daily, I have owned this gun since march 2012, and have been my everyday carry. The one thing I hate about the gun is the sights they do make night sights for the CZ duty, i haven't upgrade yet. over all I get the best groups with this gun then any other gun that I have or shot. I am happy with the gun, but sometime i second guess my decision for the lack of accessories for the gun. holsters, sights, parts, and the cost of mags.

Also the gun can be convertible, to safety like 1911 cocked and locked, or double action decocker.

I roll with the decocker.

Last edited:

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    CZ P-07 with CZ tac light is on sale at Gander Mt. $459 after rebate.

There is also the P-07 with light available and leather holster in the classifieds forum. I've been tempted to get it to go along with my P-01!

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI

There is also the P-07 with light available and leather holster in the classifieds forum. I've been tempted to get it to go along with my P-01!

Thanks for the heads up- that's a great deal.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I've held all 3 and fired the Glocks before. I keep hearing that CZ is crazy accurate. And it feels great in hand. But I love the concealibilty of the G19 and all the aftermarket stuff available.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana

Wait until the p09 comes out... Cz goodness:rockwoot:

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I carry my CZ P-07 daily, I have owned this gun since march 2012, and have been my everyday carry. The one thing I hate about the gun is the sights they do make night sights for the CZ duty, i haven't upgrade yet. over all I get the best groups with this gun then any other gun that I have or shot. I am happy with the gun, but sometime i second guess my decision for the lack of accessories for the gun. holsters, sights, parts, and the cost of mags.

Also the gun can be convertible, to safety like 1911 cocked and locked, or double action decocker.

I roll with the decocker.

What holster set up do you use for the CZ?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've had most Glock models and only have one now, G33, just b/c it's such a blast to shoot. I have 2 CZ 75 Pre Bs, a CZ 75 Compact and a P07. All shoot great and are very reliable. The P07 is light and feels great in my hand. I keep the P07 with light at the bedside. :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am a CZ guy. I confess. To me it boils down to DA/SA or striker. Whichever you prefer is the way to go. Either Glock or CZ will be highly reliable. I think the CZ may be slightly more accurate but that is arguable and it wouldn't be by any great amount. As stated previously CZ mags and after market gear is pricey and not readily available without ordering online. I would undoubtedly go with the CZ but YMMV.

Top Bottom