• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Today I ordered my Brass stacker scope mount for my 91/30. I'm looking for a scope in the no more than $150 price range. As I'm not sure just how well this 91/30 does at ranges past 100 yards I don't want to put much into the scope just yet. But from what I've done with the irons I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

I'd like the scope to transfer from the 91/30 to a .308 and maybe put it on a .22 just because I can. 400 yards is max I'm looking for in view range. If that range isn't really achievable at that price than I guess I'll be at ranges inside 400 yards. Also, I'm very new to optics. I've preferred irons my whole life but time has caught up to my eyes. My down range vision is still great, but now I have to wear reading glasses to be able to see things clearly closer than 18" or so from my eyes. Not sure where comes into the equation but felt I should point it out.

Thanks for the assist.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    with that wide of a range of uses you will defintally need a scope with AO, and a scope that tracks. Just to be honest those 2 things are not going to happen south of 150 dollars. Your goals are not hard, but a low quality scope will cost you alot of extra money in ammo resighting in all the time. This will be your best money spent priced at 189

Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 4-12x40 AO Dead-Hold BDC

Today I ordered my Brass stacker scope mount for my 91/30. I'm looking for a scope in the no more than $150 price range. As I'm not sure just how well this 91/30 does at ranges past 100 yards I don't want to put much into the scope just yet. But from what I've done with the irons I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

I'd like the scope to transfer from the 91/30 to a .308 and maybe put it on a .22 just because I can. 400 yards is max I'm looking for in view range. If that range isn't really achievable at that price than I guess I'll be at ranges inside 400 yards. Also, I'm very new to optics. I've preferred irons my whole life but time has caught up to my eyes. My down range vision is still great, but now I have to wear reading glasses to be able to see things clearly closer than 18" or so from my eyes. Not sure where comes into the equation but felt I should point it out.

Thanks for the assist.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Well, a little bit more than I want to spend right now. Next month, that changes things. :-) I see I'm going to have to learn a whole new set of terms. I am hoping a buddy of mine can give me some "tutoring" when our schedules match up.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Well, a little bit more than I want to spend right now. Next month, that changes things. :-) I see I'm going to have to learn a whole new set of terms. I am hoping a buddy of mine can give me some "tutoring" when our schedules match up.

Tutoring is how I make my living.

give me a ring, and I will make sure you understand as much optical info as you want to learn. (every once and awhile I get to in depth and folks have to stop me and say "To much info, will it work or not", but thats because I love what I do) 765-580-0986

Top Bottom