• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    My wife is like a pit bull when it comes to shopping. She has found some unbelievable deals on G-Shocks at holiday time.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Another +1 for the G Shock. I have a "Tough Solar," and it has been the only watch that has lasted me more than a couple years. I bought it on the recommendation of some HSLD guys, and it is a decision I have never regretted. My body has some sort of inordinately high, weird magnetic field (my PCP's "official diagnosis") that "kills watches and other sensitive electronic items" in short order. My old pastor gave me a Movado as a going away present. It lasted all of a month before crapping out. Replacing the 5-year battery only worked for about half an hour before it died completely. This has been the case with every single watch that I have ever owned or borrowed.

I first noticed this effect when I was 10. My grandma gave me this excellent pocket watch that kept perfect time--so long as I never touched it or came near it. My Grandpa left me his Timex self-winding watch that had served him faithfully for years. It stopped working less than 3 months after I started wearing it. A few years back, my kids gave me pocket watch. The 5-year battery lasted me all of 6mo before the watch completely stopped working. When I got my EMT-B, my wife bought me Timex that lost 8min/day when I wore it, but kept perfect time when I didn't come near it.

To date, the G-Shock is the *only* watch that has lasted me more than 2 years. (currently 7 years). It has survived shooting and HTH classes, diving, and it has been covered in blood and puke. It has been in a patient's chest, in open wounds, and has survived everyday use when I was working on an ambulance.

After 7 years, my first G Shock started operating erratically. I sent it back to Casio, and for $30 they sent me a brand new one.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    G Shock, or any other Casio's that will have military time capability.
    Ive worn the same watch for the last 10 years and its still going strong.
    afbqx3.jpg

Top Bottom