• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Not quite sure this is the best place for it but here goes. Hopefully, a mod can move the thread if it's categorized.

I have a car trailer up for sale and recently received an email offering me a 1889 SxS 12ga hammer gun. Being that my knowledge base is more geared toward new guns I have not a clue as to whether this gentleman is pulling my chain. He went on to say that it was just appraised for $1675. I responded back asking if the shop would buy it (as I would rather have cash), what the name of the shop was etc. He said in the original email that he has the document provided to him for the appraisal.

Question is, is this even a close appraisal?

I quickly googled it and also checked out gunbroker along with searching here (and seen one sold for $350, unknown condition but was said to be solid).

My assumption is, that it's something along the lines of saying "My $300 gun is worth $1600" to the right person it may be. However, I'm not wanting to sit on this egg till it turns gold :D

Thanks in advance

Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I would go with your idea of having him sell it and give you the cash, im not sure what an old side by side shotgun is worth but I know there are alot better antique gun investments.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Brownings superposed midas and pigieon grade guns were at one time selling for 7000 and up. Now if you could get 3500 you be lucky.

I could write you an apprasial also. Still check out closed auctions on gunbroker. You must be a registered user. It will give you a range better than any other median available. If you can't find it there then I think it would be more rare than I would want to place a value on.

Top Bottom