• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBQ GURU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    North Side of Indy
    LOVE my Marauder!!! The power and accuracy are amazing for someone used to daisy and crosman $50 pump guns!

Yes! The Daisy 880 I had as a kid was smooth bore and even with pellets hitting the target was like a blind squirrel finding a nut. Springer rifles are fine too, and there are some good to great ones out there but they are single shot as far as I know. And you need to get a scope rated for a springer gun because the shaking of the spring action can ruin a scope not made to withstand it.

I love shooting anyway, doing it at home around the neighbors or taking out the rodents - even better.

BBQ GURU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    North Side of Indy
    The .25 is effective on coyotes or similar. For smaller stuff, like woodchucks or squirrels, from the youtube videos it appears the difference is a .25 drops them where they sit, whereas a similar shot placement with a .22 and they may squirm a little before keeling over. I don't have experience with the .25 but my research showed it makes some noise, and you get fewer shots before recharging. The .22 was said to be silent and I can verify that - only thing I hear is the trigger mechanism.

Either way, the marauder is a great adult airgun with performance that can't be bettered until you spend at least twice as much. I'm happy with my .22 but doing it again I'd probably get the .25, and I believe they cost the same.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I picked up a Ruger Impact .22 last year just out of curiosity. I was rather impressed with the power and accuracy. It is a relatively cheap rifle at around $150 to $175. It comes with a scope, but I never mounted it because I prefer using the sights. I normally use air rifles on small, troublesome critters on my property and I have been using the Impact for that purpose. It seems to work well from 25 to 50 yards in calm conditions, but it's hard to hold a tight pattern at 50 yards when it's windy.

Now, I'm not comparing it to Benjamin air rifles, I'm just saying that it works well for the price. Generally, as with most firearms, the higher the price, the higher the quality.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The .25 is effective on coyotes or similar. For smaller stuff, like woodchucks or squirrels, from the youtube videos it appears the difference is a .25 drops them where they sit, whereas a similar shot placement with a .22 and they may squirm a little before keeling over. I don't have experience with the .25 but my research showed it makes some noise, and you get fewer shots before recharging. The .22 was said to be silent and I can verify that - only thing I hear is the trigger mechanism.

Either way, the marauder is a great adult airgun with performance that can't be bettered until you spend at least twice as much. I'm happy with my .22 but doing it again I'd probably get the .25, and I believe they cost the same.

That is I was wanting to know. That and what caliber. Have been looking the FX are quite nice but twice the price to start. Quiet is important accurate is the most important being I want to shoot a rifle 50 to 100 yards. So thought a good airgun might fit the bill.

Top Bottom