• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    So almost 2 years ago I spent a small fortune on the mgi ar system to run my rdias in. At the time, they still had the ak74 magwell listed on the site, but in backorder status. I went ahead and ordered it. They have now removed it from their website and have informed me they have no plans to make any more.

Im not a huge fan of the ar style mags for the 5.45 and have quite a few ak74 mags.

Does anybody out there know somebody with one that would be willing to sell? I know its a longshot but figured it was worth asking.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    When did you talk to them? I called them last week and they said that they were going to make a batch, but it would be later. But with this company.. No one knows. Not even them. They were the only company that made an AK74 mag well. I have no clue why they stopped. (I also have no clue why they didn't make the top of the upper all rail and why there is a break, but I digress). I thought about modifying an AK47 mag well to work, or to pay someone with a machine shop to make one. (I'd probably improve it by using a flat mag catch like aks use instead of the m4 button.)

i too have been looking for this mag well for a year.. Maybe if we get a bunch of people to constantly pester them about it they will make the damn things.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    It was probably a couple months ago. I hope they weren't just giving you lip service. I'll bet they source all the manufacturing out to a third party, and need a minimim order to make it happen. At least there is a glimmer of hope now. I'll send them another email and see what they tell me.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I hope not also. Really I don't think that it would be too terribly difficult to have one made by a machine shop. They are apparently in over their heads and they do need to contract the stuff out. The whole appeal to this system is being able to use random magazines in an ar15 platform. If they can handle it, they need to let other people make mag wells for their stuff

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    This is the response i just got this AM reguarding the ak74 and 308 magwell.

"The .308 project never launched because a lot of complications existed at
    the time. The project got set aside for the time and we concentrated on
    other products that we offer. Right now, there is no plans to release the
    .308. It is still a possibility but I don't have a date when R&D will be
    looking back into this project again. As far as the AK74, the project is
    open and currently being worked on but with no official release date set

yet."

so hurry up and wait another couple years?

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    What I don't get is that they had the mag well released. And then they didn't sell or no one knew about them or they just quit making them. We just need to keep pestering them every couple of weeks for a mag well

Top Bottom