• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have ruled out the P320 after reading this https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/412644-major-sig-p320-disappointment.html but that could have been a fluke and not the norm. The all metal CZ's seem a little over my price range so I may just end up getting a Shield after all. If I go with Shield I will leave more in my pocket to save up for the next gun purchase.

PSA has both safety and non-safety models for $350 right now.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm w/o Thumb Safety 10035

AboveTheBest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Bloomington
    Shield comes in both a safety equipped version and non-safety. Depends on what role I was putting it in whether I would recommend a safety or not.

G26 is a nice little all around gun.

I had a chance to hold all the big name single stack carry 9mms (ok, not all) side by side, and even though I wanted soooo much not to like the Shield, it was by far my favorite.
    I bought a StealthGear holster and some fiber optic sights, and couldn't be happier.

I did buy the model WITH the safety (insert disapproval here), as I have two small children running around, and I think any extra amount of precaution is a good thing. You can always take the safety off when carrying, and turn it on while its not on your hip. It just gives me extra piece of mind for no extra cost.

I had some trouble with the 147s I was loading for my suppressed 9's, but the 115's shoot like a dream.

I probably shoot around 20-50 rounds a week through it, and it's my belief that any gun is a good gun if carried and practiced with.

Last edited:

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Part of me deep down wants a CZ. I have shot the Shield and did like it but for some reason it isn't screaming to me. At the lgs I handled a Rami which was the only 's they had. I plan on doing more research and save up a little more. Why isn't there never enough money to buy everything on my gun list?

Hop, we need to get a date planned to shoot together.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I do not understand the popularity of the single stacks.

The Shield is a 3/5" shorter in length and about a 1/4" thinner than a 9c. Not much of a difference in size for losing 5rds in the mag.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I do not understand the popularity of the single stacks.

The Shield is a 3/5" shorter in length and about a 1/4" thinner than a 9c. Not much of a difference in size for losing 5rds in the mag.

1/4" is quite a bit. Shield is actually a bit of a fatty for the Single Stack market. The cartridges are actually staggered a bit. That is where it picks up the extra round compared to something like a PPS.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    If you're a smith fan the shield is an easy choice - so many have one and recommend it as do I. The Shield handles very well for multitude of hand sizes, and shoots very well. Mine is a fairly early version and has been on my hip well since the FNH FNS Compact came out. The FNS Compact fits perfectly in my leather shield holster is only .4" longer, .15" wider, same height as shield w/ 7 rd mag yet holds 12+1, comes with 3 mags including a 17rd. All my FNS' eat anything (as do all my smiths) , so many good choices, pick the one that fits you best.
    Good Luck

JACKD7

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Westfield
    I like the CZ PCR also; however, the shield price is hard to beat. Going to try a CZ 83. Waiting. For a holster right now.

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    I just went through this, kind of. I had a shield in .40. Honestly, I hated shooting it. There was a lot of recoil and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't grip it comfortably and with any sort of replication. My first shot was money, after that, I might as well have just thrown it at the target.
    So, I went out looking. I've never been a glock fan. That is until I got to hold one correctly, and shoot it. I was blown away (not literally obviously since I'm here typing this). I could hold it comfortably, and didn't get the feeling I was fighting the gun for hand position. Therefore, I ended up with the Glock 19. I absolutely love it.
    It is larger than the shield, obviously. However, I paired that up with an alien gear IWB holster and it is all but completely hidden. If you carry every day and are very observant, you might be able to tell. The overwhelming majority of the population is none the wiser though.

There are tons of different ways. Like said above, it's all about compromise.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I would recommend sticking with the same platform of pistol buy getting the 9c or shield.

Top Bottom