• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    My dealer refuses to make any attempt at doing an e-form for my trust. If anyone in Indiana has the 45 osprey in stock, i think i paid 740 for mine, and does e-forms, please send me a message ASAP. I have a trust ready to go. It just needs to be modified for the correct serial number. I'm not here to point fingers, just looking for a better option than their 1 year wait snail mail method.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    The SN# does NOT need to be modified on your trust. The trust does not have the item until you actually take possession of it. Your schedule should include only what is currently in the trust. If the trust is brand new, then it will include only what was started int eh trust, i.e. a $1 bill, etc etc

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    The SN# does NOT need to be modified on your trust. The trust does not have the item until you actually take possession of it. Your schedule should include only what is currently in the trust. If the trust is brand new, then it will include only what was started int eh trust, i.e. a $1 bill, etc etc

Interesting. My Form 4 was kicked back for correction when the serial number of the suppressor I was buying was not on the schedule A.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Interesting. My Form 4 was kicked back for correction when the serial number of the suppressor I was buying was not on the schedule A.

I had a lawyer draw up my trust. He DID include the serial. I wasn't going to get into that conversation. Still just looking for someone who can sell me an osprey 45 and e-file for it.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Also Indiana does not need anything in the schedule A, as some states require for it to be recognized as a legal trust, at least that is what a lawyer or two has told me. I emailed Nicole Dudush about that also, and she said that was accurate too.

She did however say not to put any NFA item/items in your trust that are not already transferred to it ie aprroved/stamped form 4...as Boomstick said.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Also Indiana does not need anything in the schedule A, as some states require for it to be recognized as a legal trust, at least that is what a lawyer or two has told me. I emailed Nicole Dudush about that also, and she said that was accurate too.

She did however say not to put any NFA item/items in your trust that are not already transferred to it ie aprroved/stamped form 4...as Boomstick said.

Thanks for following up on that. The lawyer I had do my trust (Grant Liston) said the same thing (only include items already transferred to the trust, but not the item you are filing for since it hasn't actually been transferred until the Form 4 is approved), but InRon's post had me second guessing there for a minute.

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Thanks for following up on that. The lawyer I had do my trust (Grant Liston) said the same thing (only include items already transferred to the trust, but not the item you are filing for since it hasn't actually been transferred until the Form 4 is approved), but InRon's post had me second guessing there for a minute.

Yep - everything said makes perfect sense you are using form 4 to TRANSFER that item to the trust (not there yet so it shouldn't be on schedule A yet). But then we ARE dealing with the government! All I know is my forms were returned with a request to "correct" schedule A. I did and things went fine from there.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Yep - everything said makes perfect sense you are using form 4 to TRANSFER that item to the trust (not there yet so it shouldn't be on schedule A yet). But then we ARE dealing with the government! All I know is my forms were returned with a request to "correct" schedule A. I did and things went fine from there.

Was there anything on your schedule A the first time you submitted it?

Top Bottom