• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm looking for a fairly specific tactical flashlight. I want something that is small enough to fit in a pocket, but large enough to hold easily. Also, I would like one that can be easily and quickly snapped onto a Glock rail, (their universal rail,) without much trouble.

I'd like something that can easily be used by holding it in my hand when needed, but that I can slip onto my pistol when I want to. I know that most rail mounted flashlights COULD be held and used by hand, but they really aren't meant for that and aren't designed for it. I have a flashlight that I carry right now; all metal Remington tactical-esque light, with strobe mode and a pocket clip. Honestly, if it had a rail mount, I'd call it perfect.

Anybody have any ideas?

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    that's a tough one. You can get small off set mounts that will clamp to a pistol rail and you can put a single cell light into. It's not ideal, not easy to holster, but it would work.

Olight Small Mount

Then you could put in a 47's QTA or QTL light.

http://www.the-led-warehouse.com/Quark-Tactical-QTL-Gen-2-p1736.html

Having a dedicated pistol light and a dedicated handheld will give you easier use and less hassle though...

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I'm not worried about being able to holster the gun WITH light attached; I want to have 1 light to carry and use in my hand, and then, should I choose to, I'd like the ability to snap that light onto my pistol as well. That offset light mount would technically work, but as you said, it's not an ideal setup.

Many thanks for the info, though.

Top Bottom