• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mott0045

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Never posted on this site before and can't seem to find info on gunsmiths by area. I'm looking for a gunsmith in the Richmond/East Central Indiana area. I've got a Savage 1907 that will not dissassemble but in otherwise beautiful shape. Anyone know of a good person to take this to? I've looked locally at the guys that advertise but most of them are combo shops "Guns/Autobody/Paint/Diaper Service"...

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    You could probably try Big Daddy's over on Rt.1 by Hagerstown. They do some gunsmithing. It's on the SW corner of RT.1 and Rt.38

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013

mott0045

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks. I've watched every video online I could find but I think something is physically jammed internally. I've tried soaking it, tried the wooden dowl in the barrel and trying to push the slide back. The problem I'm having is to take the gun apart the slide has to be locked to the back and the safety pushed up. I can pull the slide back, I can operate the safety, individually, but not at the same time. The safety won't budge with the slide pulled to the rear.

Thanks for the help though.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Try this guy, he's in Richmond. I found out about him in an Indiana outdoor publication [The-Gad-A-Bout].

Prairie Wolf Gun Repair
    6151 Turner Road
    Richmond, IN 47374
    765-914-2781

Top Bottom