• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krizzz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Want to co-witness (Ideally with stock sites, not suppressor height sites, if possible).

Planning on mating with the Trijicon RMR Type 2.

TIA.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    Want to co-witness (Ideally with stock sites, not suppressor height sites, if possible).

Planning on mating with the Trijicon RMR Type 2.

TIA.

What is the intended use? Carry? Bump in the night nightstand gun? Competition? All of the above? Do you like polymer or steel framed guns? Ballpark budget?

Here are some initial thoughts:
    Cz P10-F (polymer)
    Cz Shadow 2 optics ready
    Walther Q4 optics ready
    Multiple glocks

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I know you are asking for a red dot ready pistol, but have you considered buying one and having the slide milled?

You could come out ahead financially, I don't know.

But you will have a dot sitting lower in the slide and the RMR will fit perfectly.

I had DP Custom cut my slide, install the dot and sights. Plus they refinished the slide. I got it home, stuck it on the frame and have been shooting it every since.

I would do it again in a heartbeat. Actually, I will be sending my Shield slide to have it milled later this winter.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not aware of any out-of-the-box pistol that is milled in such a way that you don't need suppressor height sights to cowitness the optic.

If you're looking for that niche, you're going to need to have your slide milled.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm not aware of any out-of-the-box pistol that is milled in such a way that you don't need suppressor height sights to cowitness the optic.

If you're looking for that niche, you're going to need to have your slide milled.

I would like to see if it’s even possible. You can only cut a slide so deep before you are into the essential components. The OP could run without sights.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I would like to see if it’s even possible. You can only cut a slide so deep before you are into the essential components. The OP could run without sights.

I could see the extra tall front sight being problematic coming out of the holster. I've had my dot die in the middle of a stage and I could still get decent hits by trusting my index. I don't EDC a dot but if I ever do I wouldn't add tall sights anyway. I would be confident at self defense distances. YMMV

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I could see the extra tall front sight being problematic coming out of the holster. I've had my dot die in the middle of a stage and I could still get decent hits by trusting my index. I don't EDC a dot but if I ever do I wouldn't add tall sights anyway. I would be confident at self defense distances. YMMV

Use kydex made for suppressor sights.

It'll never be an issue.

I swear I've seen it done before with an RMR. I can't remember which firearm it was on though.

I know on my walther after the aftermarket low profile plate, the cut outs where it's hugging the striker assembly is paper thin.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I have them with my Bravo holster. Not an issue. The shape of the holster prevents the sight from touching the holster at all.

And there are better holsters out there than Bravo.

The back up irons necessity is a different conversation as there are some pretty strong opinions on those.

I have them on my pistol not as a back up to my red dot, but in case I want to go back to irons. I can remove the dot, put a cover plate on the milled area and carry on.

krizzz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    What is the intended use? Carry? Bump in the night nightstand gun? Competition? All of the above? Do you like polymer or steel framed guns? Ballpark budget?

Here are some initial thoughts:
    Cz P10-F (polymer)
    Cz Shadow 2 optics ready
    Walther Q4 optics ready
    Multiple glocks

Nightstand gun for large hands. Definitely looking at the CZ P10F. Love my Walthers, but as I understand it, the Q4 loses the rear dovetail when a red dot is insalled. (Can someone confirm this?) VP9 is interesting. Maybe M&P Core or a Springfield also. Don't want to go more than about 750 bucks if I can help it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nightstand gun for large hands. Definitely looking at the CZ P10F. Love my Walthers, but as I understand it, the Q4 loses the rear dovetail when a red dot is insalled. (Can someone confirm this?) VP9 is interesting. Maybe M&P Core or a Springfield also. Don't want to go more than about 750 bucks if I can help it.

check with DP Customs on whether you lose the rear dovetail.

Some can't do the milling due to lack of fixturing/tooling. I was told I would lose the rear dovetail on my m&P but they cut one for a Glock rear sight. Works great!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

CH Precision RMR plate gives you back a rear sight. That's what I put on my Q4. Did need to buy a dawson .315" front sight to achieve cowitness.

VR2uTS3.jpg

Top Bottom