• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    fellas, gonna add another to my flock and looked at this at cabelas today. i really, really like the feel. i have frying pan palms with little sausage fingers. the polymer grip felt really nice. the guy at the counter spoke highly of it so i may make my move. i looked here first for a review but couldn't find one. i appreciate the help!!!!!!!!!:draw:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    For the price, you can't beat a CW. The only advantage to the PM series is that you can pocket carry them, but I would pick a CW over a P series Kahr any day for the price difference considering they are almost exactly the same guns. I really like the Kahr trigger, I just wish the reset was a bit shorter. If you don't end up liking it, you will probably have no issue at all selling, and they hold their value pretty well. What is Cabela's asking for it? They can be a bit high, but you can find deals every now and then.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    IF you search my thread history deep enough, you'll find I've had plenty of things to say about the CW-40. :D

If I had to do it over again, I'd have purchased a CW-9 instead. Not because the CW-40 is a bad weapon, but because MY CW-40 had some "issues". Kahr took care of the issues, and I sold it at a fair price, with full disclosure, to another INGO member.

-J-

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    For the price, you can't beat a CW. The only advantage to the PM series is that you can pocket carry them, but I would pick a CW over a P series Kahr any day for the price difference considering they are almost exactly the same guns. I really like the Kahr trigger, I just wish the reset was a bit shorter. If you don't end up liking it, you will probably have no issue at all selling, and they hold their value pretty well. What is Cabela's asking for it? They can be a bit high, but you can find deals every now and then.

they're asking 435.00 which seems to be toward the upper end of what i'm seeing. i haven't checked anywhere else yet locally but gunbroker is in the 425 range pre-shipped. thanks for the help!

Gray Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I have a CW-9 and a P9,so you can tell I like kahr's.there is a break in time of 200 rds.but they tell you that from the manuf..They are accurate enough to shoot Friday Night Steel with.Good way to get it broke in.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I have the CW9 that I like a lot and I have shot my dads CW45, both are very nice pistols.

I was surprised that the recoil for his .45 was not noticeably greater than my CW9.

I almost got the CW40, and I sort of which I did get the 40 since this is my primary carry gun.

Dad got his CW45 at PSS for $429 + tax.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    thanks for the imput! once uncle sam returns my money i will be the proud new owner and plan to make this my primary carry. it'll be a sad day, i have carried this springfield 1911 for so long i'll feel naked. i guess its time for a change.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You're gonna have a heck of a time getting used to the Kahr trigger after having carried a 1911 for years...

-J-

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    You're gonna have a heck of a time getting used to the Kahr trigger after having carried a 1911 for years...

-J-

i'm sure its gonna be quite a change and its gonna take some time to phase out the 1911. i'm just ready for something a little more concealable. i'm ususally quite particular when choosing a carry weapon but i really like the feel of the kahr right from the start. from what i read it has a crisp break. i'll probably have my local guy do a trigger job pretty quick, from what i read(and felt in the store) they come out pulling about 7 pounds and i'm certainly not used to that. i still haven't gotten to your trheads about your kahr. i hope to get there tonight. thanks again for the help.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    No problem!

The trigger weight on the Kahr CW series... 7lbs sounds about right. It is, however, VERY smooth so that it feels much lighter.

I cannot remember a "break" per-se, but might very well stack a little bit right before it releases the sear. It's honestly been too long since I've shot one.

Kahr also has an "elite trigger", which just about everything but the CW pistols get. I believe that it shortens, further lightens, and offers better reset. Might want to look into that.

-J-

Top Bottom