• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Just like the title says. I have had a 7.62 Krink kit sitting around for a few years and have considered selling it as I have enough projects going on. I thought maybe if there was a local shop that is familiar with building Krinks I might just pay to have it built.

When I purchased the virgin kit years ago, I had a press and other jigs/tools to build an AK and built a few AK's. I have since sold off all the tools and I feel rather than buy them again and spend the time building this Krink, I might be money ahead having a pro do it.

If anybody knows what it might cost to have it built and any shops in the Indy (preferably North side) area, feel free to chime in! Thank in advance!

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Rifle Dynamics, call them.

Aren't they in AZ? I would like to find someplace local. I'm kind of a lazy person, and would rather drop it off somewhere, rather than deal with shipping and transfers. Now if it were to take it to a shop that sent it out and did the paperwork for me (I don't have a receiver for it yet) that would be ok too.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    well i still need to finish my russian krink but if you would like to borrow the tools after i finish it (wouldnt take more than a few days if i can find the time) i could lend them out my 2nd psl build (bull barrel model) is still waiting for me to pick up a better metal lathe (fingers crossed for one im looking at this weekend) i have the ak builder rivet tool trigger jig, barrel install and removal tools, even a few reamers head space gauges both 762 and 545 and some other stuff

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    well i still need to finish my russian krink but if you would like to borrow the tools after i finish it (wouldnt take more than a few days if i can find the time) i could lend them out my 2nd psl build (bull barrel model) is still waiting for me to pick up a better metal lathe (fingers crossed for one im looking at this weekend) i have the ak builder rivet tool trigger jig, barrel install and removal tools, even a few reamers head space gauges both 762 and 545 and some other stuff

I appreciate the offer! I might take you up on it if I can't find somebody to do it for me once I find a lower (Nodak is out of stock). I haven't done an AK build, with a completely virgin kit before and since this one has the original Zastava CL HF barrel, I don't want to screw it up.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I appreciate the offer! I might take you up on it if I can't find somebody to do it for me once I find a lower (Nodak is out of stock). I haven't done an AK build, with a completely virgin kit before and since this one has the original Zastava CL HF barrel, I don't want to screw it up.

In all honestly there harder to mess up than one would think yes head spacing is very important (worries you alot your first time) but its easy... just take your time alining everything before you drill/pin every thing in place but keep in mind if you mess something up normal its very minor and easy to fix... the only part the scares people about virgin barrels and krinks is the gas port hole (yours maybe drilled i dunno) i just bought one of Rguns us made ones (thinks it a redone bulg barrel 16in cut down to 8in has a different twist pattern as well. now the hole is drilled at a 90deg angle unlike most of the others its got to be perfectly centered (keep in mind fitment of the gas tube location does matter) some go as far as to hone the front block alittle for looser fitment (i do not like this method at all) then fit the complete gas system, make a witness mark then rotate the block 180 degrees using it as a drill guide.... If you where me im gonna take precise measurements and mark my gas port hole then drill it with a mill to insure its perfectly centered ( but this all can be done with a drill press or hand drill just start your hole with a punch to insure that drill bit doesnt walk on you

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    These kits are worth lots of money these days, so building it yourself and hiring anything less than a top tier AK builder would be foolish.

You can:
    A. Sell it and buy SLR-107UR
    B. Send it to Mario at POHF or another top tier AK builder

Probably selling it and buying a factory gun would be what I would do.

If you already own the receiver, there would not be any more transfers involved.

And it is a virgin kit (which most 7.62 kits were), don't even think of building it yourself.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Red Jacket has built few toys for me back in the day (before the show), mostly NFA and they are very good outfit and do a good job. I've known Will for quite a few years now.

I would not judge them by what they say or do on the show, as they are not writing the script. The show is not made to educate, it is for entertainment purposes only and apparently what is shown is what 90% of the audience wants to see.

If they write the script, nobody would be watching the show and it would have not been as successful as it is. The show is written strictly to entertain the average Joe.

You mean you aren't gonna have Red Jacket do it?!?

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Also, to the OP. Atlantic will build soon bunch of M92s from kits, so might be easier to sell your kit and buy a gun from them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If you're willing to have it done up here in the north half of the state I have someone that might be able to do it for you, PM me and Ill give you contact info.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That's excellent news about the m92's! i am awarding you points as that makes me happy.

Kvar just got in a few russian ak poly folders. I ordered one last week. An m92 kit on a russian poly folder would be super sweet. I plan on having jim fuller put it on my saiga 030. I'll give another plus 1 to rifle dynamics should you decide to send it off. The prices are a little salty, but you get what you pay for. With a krink SBR i'd want the best.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    You mean you aren't gonna have Red Jacket do it?!?

I'm just looking for someone that can build my M92 so it will shoot 7.62x39. I really don't need anything that squirts tear gas, breaches doors, mount's to a helicopter, makes Jiffy Pop, grinds coffee beans, etc.... etc... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom