• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I recently purchased a Yugo SKS from my lgs. I removed the cosmoline from it and I realized that there is a long, thin crack in the stock where the bayonet rests in the stock. My question is does anybody know somebody that can fix this crack for me? Thanks.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I recently purchased a Yugo SKS from my lgs. I removed the cosmoline from it and I realized that there is a long, thin crack in the stock where the bayonet rests in the stock. My question is does anybody know somebody that can fix this crack for me? Thanks.

I don't think that crack will hurt anything where it is.

Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Laporte
    Gorilla glue if the crack is open enough. The directions are very specific. The glue expands to fill voids also. If the crack is narrow, go with the Titebond II.

Squatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    If steel will also be in contact with that area make sure to test whatever glue you use first. Wood glues like Tite bond II can cause discoloration and possible corrosion issues. I have seen wood core sword scabbards become an issue because of this. Super glues shouldn't be an issue, but will likely give a wet look where it obsorbs into the wood. Thin super glue from a hobby store will penetrate deeper into the wood and crack rather than mostly sit on top like common super glue.

Squatch

Top Bottom