• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Hard working, dependable, reliable person looking for work. Anybody hiring out there? Looking for $10 n up full time. I have a diverse backround from manager to warehouse to demo work. If u need help moving, yard work, or etc I can help and will take cash. I need to pay some bills. Can ingoers help me out? Indy area any shifts

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana

Thanks. I can put a check next to all three. And is it just me or does careerbuilder start to look like a joke unless you a a special degree for certain position. I also a member or Indianacareer connect and search craigslist. Looking for jobs that are less advertised. If its a real job taxes n all. I would like full time only. Skipping partime work looks bad to future employers and makes it harder to get credit in future. Any ingoers that are managers and can hire?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Thanks. I can put a check next to all three. And is it just me or does careerbuilder start to look like a joke unless you a a special degree for certain position. I also a member or Indianacareer connect and search craigslist. Looking for jobs that are less advertised. If its a real job taxes n all. I would like full time only. Skipping partime work looks bad to future employers and makes it harder to get credit in future. Any ingoers that are managers and can hire?

What do you mean you can put a check next to all three?

I do not believe Careerbuilder is a joke. I still get job match emails from them and I've been at my current job for over four years now.

Part time work is better than no work.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Check next to all three because I had been to all three. Careerbuilder has few jobs that are not scam or require a degree. But I still make an effort to look and apply. I have never received a interview from that site except for the ones asking for 20 people cause they are expanding. And part time works looks bad on resume because it would only be short time.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I work for IDOC (Indiana Department of Corrections) they are always hiring. Honestly the work isnt as hard as you think and the pay is a bit higher than youre minimum requirement. Give it a try, you just might like it. Full time with benefits and the work schedule is pretty cool. You work 12 hr days, but your off 7 of every 14.

SPD: Employment Opportunities

https://hr85.gmis.in.gov/psc/hr91pr...en't ran into a ad from them on any site yet.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Go to career opportunities and click apply now. In the text box type Correctional Officer, then take the drop down box to 3 months and there are a ton of jobs posted within the last couple weeks. It evevn tells you what facility you will be applying for. I work at Plainfield and actually like my job. There are tons on there, and dont be discouraged by what the pay scale says because I am a correctional officer, and according to that make more than a Captain.

Indianapolis adult education/re-entry on top is a good one because it deals with outgoing or short-term offenders and there are multiple locations to choose from.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    My buddy runs Applied Composites on the West side he just told me last night they cant find enough people to fill their positions. Company full name is Applied Composites Engineering

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I work for IDOC (Indiana Department of Corrections) they are always hiring. Honestly the work isnt as hard as you think and the pay is a bit higher than youre minimum requirement. Give it a try, you just might like it. Full time with benefits and the work schedule is pretty cool. You work 12 hr days, but your off 7 of every 14.

SPD: Employment Opportunities

https://hr85.gmis.in.gov/psc/hr91pr...S_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U

there ore tons of openings.
    Dont know if the second link was supposed to be same or different doesnt not work. applied at first link. thank you

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    What do you mean you can put a check next to all three?

I do not believe Careerbuilder is a joke. I still get job match emails from them and I've been at my current job for over four years now.

Part time work is better than no work.

I have been submitting resumes on careerbuilder.com for 15+ months now. I have a BS in Business and graduated in the top 8% of my class. I have 30+ years of experience--16 of that in my current field. I have some 400 resumes out there and I'm starting to feel that careerbuilder, monster, etc, etc are a joke. Your resume ends up in a stack with 100 or more other resumes that may or may not get reviewed.

I'm finding that Linkedin has better opportunities. There are job groups you can join, some of which are specific to your industry. It also helps that one can contact upper/middle management directly and bypass HR and get to the person who will actually make the decision. Problem is, most of the jobs are out of state so we would have to relocate. Not necessarily a problem for us, but most companies do not have a relocation allowance.

Best to you in your job search OP. It's a tough market out there.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have been submitting resumes on careerbuilder.com for 15+ months now. I have a BS in Business and graduated in the top 8% of my class. I have 30+ years of experience--16 of that in my current field. I have some 400 resumes out there and I'm starting to feel that careerbuilder, monster, etc, etc are a joke. Your resume ends up in a stack with 100 or more other resumes that may or may not get reviewed.

I'm finding that Linkedin has better opportunities. There are job groups you can join, some of which are specific to your industry. It also helps that one can contact upper/middle management directly and bypass HR and get to the person who will actually make the decision. Problem is, most of the jobs are out of state so we would have to relocate. Not necessarily a problem for us, but most companies do not have a relocation allowance.

Best to you in your job search OP. It's a tough market out there.
    when i first joined careerbuilder 8 plus years ago it gave me good solid leads. It is not what it used to be. A lot of spam to sift through now.
    thanks ggf will be tryin that next.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    when i first joined careerbuilder 8 plus years ago it gave me good solid leads. It is not what it used to be. A lot of spam to sift through now.
    thanks ggf will be tryin that next.

Yeah monster.com is worse. Every time you submit a resume, they take you to a "do you want to go to college" page. Gotta pay the bills somehow huh?

You're welcome. Thanks for the :+1:

BTW, while Linkedin can be a good reference, be VERY active at building contacts. The more the better. Networking is never a bad thing.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    . Skipping partime work looks bad to future employers and makes it harder to get credit in future. Any ingoers that are managers and can hire?

And part time works looks bad on resume because it would only be short time.

Can you explain your thoughts here?^^^^^

First, ANY job is better than NO job!!!!
    Second, two or three part time jobs can equal more than one full time job!!!
    And as far as looking "bad on resume"?????? I don't get it... If you take a part time job as fill in while you are looking for a permanent position, it just shows prospective employers that you are serious and will do what it takes! How can that be a bad thing?

Lastly, the first quote from you^^^^, I don't understand what you are saying...."skipping part time work looks bad to future employers and makes it harder to get credit in future.". Are you saying that you are not wanting part time (skipping)? If so, than yes, that does look bad!
    What does any of this have to do with "CREDIT"?????? credit is the least of your worries! Credit is usually what gets people INTO trouble, NOT out of it!

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    apply at the Securitas security company. they have regional offices in big cities and sites where they provide security are numerous and located throughout the state. it is typically not "fun" work, so the turnover rates tend to be high, thus the new hire rates are high. if nothing else it can feed you until you find a better option.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Do you have any computer experience? Zionsville Schools is looking for a Tier 1 IT support person, most likely supporting a couple of elementary schools. Looking for energy and work ethic rather than straight up experience as long as the person has some trouble shooting skills and is trainable.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Contact Indy Hanger on Emerson... Factory work, starts around $8 but bumps to $10 after trial period.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Do you have any computer experience? Zionsville Schools is looking for a Tier 1 IT support person, most likely supporting a couple of elementary schools. Looking for energy and work ethic rather than straight up experience as long as the person has some trouble shooting skills and is trainable.

I will look.into this. I don't have any experience on paper but I am studying on my own for.comptia certification.

Top Bottom