• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    No knock my friend but you always seem to be posting about issues on the job or needing one.
    It would be hard for me to refer and help with a history like this.
    Just saying.

I don't know the OP's history or exact situation, but lots of job changes on a resume in a short period of time sends red flags up for me. The shortest stay as any job for me was 8 months once. The longest was nearly 14 years. I was always hired away from my previous jobs except for one that I was fired from. And that was a joke (my 8 month job).

3 to 5 years was the average time I had on any job. My new jobs were always offered by people that saw my work & workmanship. I moved up and moved on until I started working for myself. Best move ever, but it's not for everyone. That takes lots of personal discipline.

Get a new job. Stick with it even if you have to put up with some crap. Never leave a job until you know when the next job is coming. Most importantly don't get fired!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I enjoy the hell out of working at Home Depot. Where else can a man ostensibly be an expert on everything ? Your experience screams viable candidate for them.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I work in the Case New Holland Master Depot in Lebanon they are always hiring. Check with Staffing Solutions in Lebanon that is who they hire with. I do IT work there so can't really tell you much about the day to day there but it is always busy. I can tell you that the trainer is in the cube next to me and he says most people point out because they can't get to the job on a regular basis. If you don't have that problem and you don't mind heights then it is a good place to work.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I feel for you Burt Gummer. Lost my job when the bottom fell out in 08. Was out of work for 1 year. Luckily my wife was working, and I could collect the small amount of unemployment. Like others have said look for the seasonal work and take all the OT they will give you. Good luck man.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    How well do you handle the cold? Check out IWIjobs.com We're a cold storage warehousing facility we have locations on Indianapolis and Franklin. You work through a temp agency for the first 90 days and then you have an interview with management for potential full time employment. Bare in mind it's cold which takes some getting used to. But the pay is excellent for a warehousing job in order to retain talent. Occasionally we have maintenance openings come up as well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No knock my friend but you always seem to be posting about issues on the job or needing one.
    It would be hard for me to refer and help with a history like this.
    Just saying.

My first thought when reading this also. Hasn't the OP posted about job problems before?

Are there jobs available for folks who have had spotty work records or are just bad job pickers? Maybe jobs where one could redeem themselves?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Maybe I know my last job the problem was I couldn't stay on task but that cause the boss would talk to me constantly, and according to what he said I was slow, and now this past job the issue was lack of speed, which I say was due to other workers and other problems, but other then that iv only had 2 bad job experiences,
    So, the last two jobs you left were because you were slow, but it was someone else's fault you were slow, and you've only had 2 "other " bad job experiences? So if I'm reading, and adding correctly, that's 4 bad job experiences? Of course, two were the fault of others' actions. May I ask how old you are? How many jobs you've had, and if any were "good" job experiences?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I don't know the OP's history or exact situation, but lots of job changes on a resume in a short period of time sends red flags up for me. The shortest stay as any job for me was 8 months once. The longest was nearly 14 years. I was always hired away from my previous jobs except for one that I was fired from. And that was a joke (my 8 month job).

3 to 5 years was the average time I had on any job. My new jobs were always offered by people that saw my work & workmanship. I moved up and moved on until I started working for myself. Best move ever, but it's not for everyone. That takes lots of personal discipline.

Get a new job. Stick with it even if you have to put up with some crap. Never leave a job until you know when the next job is coming. Most importantly don't get fired!

I interviewed, for a job, and had 3 jobs, in 11 years, was at one, for 7 years .....

The interviewer, accused me of "job hopping" .....

I asked him, how can 7 years at one company, be "job hopping" ?????

I did not get the job ....

OP, look at solo. if you can lift boxes, and drive a straight truck, they MIGHT be looking .....

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Update nothing yet kinda depressing, going in for a interview at Kroger tomorrow, I really need it, it's funny the manager at my last job said he doesn't like putting someone in a financial problem, and yet he still does, funny how there is a kid (21) who still has a job and actually should have been fired, but I know what happend is done can't change that just venting, atleast he won't get any of my business. So still searching and I hope to find something,

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    see if workone can get you into a welding class. where i work we constantly get guys that went to workone and were sent to a 4 week class and got certified in 1g and were sent to us.

lcole1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    Elwood
    Check out elwood staffing. Just about everywhere is going through staffing services. I know where I work we get most from elwood staffing .....good luck with your job hunt.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There's about 50 HUGE warehouse/distribution centers in Plainfield/Avon that are hiring everyday, most make pretty decent Jack with decent bennies as well! Nobletucky might not be the place for you?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    There's about 50 HUGE warehouse/distribution centers in Plainfield/Avon that are hiring everyday, most make pretty decent Jack with decent bennies as well! Nobletucky might not be the place for you?

Yeah, I seen Wal-Mart distribution, Prime, IDS or one of them places on 200 South are hiring, seen a big sign outside....starting at $13.50 and up.

Another place is Sur-la-Table in Brownsburg. Kind of a mindless job I guess, answering phones, taking orders, customer service and such but they start at $13-14 as well.

OP, Good luck man. It's a dog eat dog world.........

Top Bottom