• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    Looking at upgrading my bow and was wondering what people think would be a good bow. Doesnt have to be a Mathews dont really want to spend that much so were do people sell good used bows also. I want to get a fairly good bow but not sure what I want.

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Check the classifieds on here once you get 50 posts. There is almost always a bow for sale. Also try your local archery pro shop and see what they have in the way of used bows they will set up for you.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Friend of mine bought a new Bear Strike on Ebay because he liked my Bear Carnage but didn't want to spend that much. He brought it over a couple of weeks ago to shoot it and I must admit it shot very well and very quiet.:twocents:

I agree the classifieds here usually have some good deals.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    My best advice is to buy a descent, used name brand bow. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for in a bow. I went through 3 used bows before I worked up to a new Hoyt last year. I've shot a couple no name bows and wouldn't let someone pay me to take one from them.

And for the record: Mathews bows aren't worth the money simply because their bows suck and their customer service is even worse. :D

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Good used bows are common, 1 to 3 yrs old, lots of folks get the bug to have the "latest and greatest".

I have no issue shooting a used bow, esp if it's a top end rig. Rather do that than shoot a new rig that doesn't have what I want.

Anybody got a 60-70# right handed minty 28-29" Cam and a half Hoyt Cybertech, in Safari finish ???? ;)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I really like PSE. I know others have said their junk but I don't find that to be the case at all. I have a PSE Brute and it works great. Parallel limb design, 70#, 29" draw, 80% lo, shoots over 300fps and is super quiet. I bought it new for less than $600. The shorter bows are less forgiving so you may also want to check out the PSE bow madness.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I picked up the RedHead kryptic and I'm very happy with it.
    I bow is made by Diamond a friend of mine works thee so I got it 40% off, hard to pass up. Before that I shot a Martin Cougar and had no complants either.

sampo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Owen County
    You must get a HOYT they are the best quality bows that money can buy! They also have a good value for a such a good piece of equipment, nobody else compares. :)

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    saw some amazing deals on craigslist, theres a nice bowtech guardian for $375 in bloomington right now for instance that i have had my eye on .........but there are a ton others and at some good prices (bad prices too just like everything else)

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    If you are ever around Greensburg ther is an excellent bow shop and indoor shooting range for bows there.I have been in there looking for hunting stuff.They seem to have alot of new and used bows and bow accessories of all kinds.

Top Bottom