• ...and so much more!
  • Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    Damn y'all are quick...

I was looking at the PSA kits, I just wasn't sure if it would be better to go that route or to just buy a complete one outright.

Also, that's not the budget, I just have a decent chunk of extra cash coming in and figured I might as well buy a decent rifle. Ammo isn't an issue when you have a buddy who reloads 5.56 ;)

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm a huge fan of anything made by doublestar. I bought mine with all the magpul furniture for $900, so I bet you could get a base model for less. I have 1000 rounds through mine, and not a single hiccup. I highly recommend them.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I recently got a Del-Ton Sierra 316/MOE->
    mid-length heavy profile barrel (chrome moly - manganese phosphated), 16", 1/9 twist, M4 feed ramps, A2 flash hider, chrome lined carrier interior and key, properly staked and sealed gas key, all forged aluminum and mil-spec upper/lower, MOE stock, MOE heat resistant mid length handguard, MOE triggerguard, MOE grip, comes with 30rd Pmag, case, etc.
    I've come to find that Del-Ton makes a quality rifle for a decent price. this one MSRP is $858. you can get one for less than that. Del-Ton has other models ranging from a "sport" model on up...
    I put 84 rounds through mine yesterday and it shot like a dream.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    A buddy of mine just got this at ZX guns, right here in the Fort, I think he said for like $850. Check em out, and see if they still have any.

RECON

You can build one a little cheaper, but by the time you buy the tools, (Or the beer for someone who has em), you'll be quickly approaching your budget and it won't have this many goodies!

Last edited:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    +1 for Del-Ton. Plenty to choose from in the $700-$800 range.

Or you could go even cheaper, get a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport from Slickguns.com for under $600. Ready to shoot right out of the box, even comes with a rear Magpul BUS. Use the leftover cash to buy a sling, ammo and mags.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    All good suggestions.
    If you shop around and build one, you can do it well with in your budget.
    lots of companies have base model rifles for $600-750 and are very good rifles.

if you can, build one. At least build the lower so you can get the trigger you want, grip, stock, etc...
    consider buying some used parts that are in good condition to save some money.
    uppers are easy to find and in any configuration you can imagine.

Last edited:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Colts have funky pins and such. I'd stick with the Doublestar.

Colt has used standard hammer/trigger pins for about the past 5 years.

OP

Research. Take your time doing it. Asking a broad question will just get you pages of what everyone thinks is best.
    Or mis-information like the above.

Figure out what you want/need, then you'll have something to "aim" for.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    I have a 6920 its a great rifle but not really any different than any other. The.le roll mark is cool though and I got it before the last scare. It looks nothing wlike the original now so I would get a cheaper on or.build one yourself they all do the same thing. If I did it over I would have built my own so I could have had more cash for ammo but I love it none the less

Top Bottom