• ...and so much more!
  • CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Group,

I am looking to add another holster and am wanting some opinions. I already have both a UBG and Kholster IWB as well as a Blackhawk Serpa OWB. I would like to focus on another OWB holster but I want it to bring the gun in nice and tight, something that Blackhawk does not do. I would prefer Leather but am open to hearing about what you would suggest no matter the material.

By the way I am looking for two, one for my 1911 5" and one for my Taurus 24/7 Pro 4"

Thanks in advance.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    It's not leather but if you want the pistol pulled up close to your body in an OWB holster, I recommend Ravn Concealment Systems holsters. These are kydex pancake style holsters. They are modular in that, depending on the belt hardware you you, they are OWB, IWB, tuckable, etc. You can switch betweent different belt attachmnents by swapping the hardware.

In addition to holding the pistol close to you body, these holsters are also very comfortable because they are contoured (curved) to bend around the hip.

Here is a link to the RCS website for you to explore: Raven Concealment Systems

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    you could try a boomstickholsters.com like this.
    sss_shark.jpg

Personally though, I'd go for the Kydex Raven Concealment Systems "Phantom" holster.

Under an untucked T-Shirt a Glock 19 pistol vanishes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Try looking through High Noon Holsters... They're all leather, though.

But a bargain compared to many!

-J-

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Group,

I am looking to add another holster and am wanting some opinions. I already have both a UBG and Kholster IWB as well as a Blackhawk Serpa OWB. I would like to focus on another OWB holster but I want it to bring the gun in nice and tight, something that Blackhawk does not do. I would prefer Leather but am open to hearing about what you would suggest no matter the material.

By the way I am looking for two, one for my 1911 5" and one for my Taurus 24/7 Pro 4"

Thanks in advance.

If you want to check them out, an interesting compromise might be the Tucker Silent Thunder, which is smooth leather lined Kydex. They've managed to come up with a permanent way of bonding leather to Kydex (proprietary, natch). From what I've read about it, it sounds about perfect and if I hadn't already gone through my holster allowance I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Check it out at ...

Tucker Gunleather

Read about it at....

The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder holster review

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Group,

Thanks in advance.

Don Hume 720 OT. It also has a nice piece of leather so the gun never touches your body.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Group,

Thanks in advance.

Greetings!

I can assist you with your needs, and with both firearms. Since you were interested in OWB you might want to try the MasonDixon since you have the option to convert from OWB carry to tuckable and adjustable IWB. The holster has limited adjustment for ride height and cant in the IWB configuration.

This is a photo of the MasonDixon in the OWB configuration for an XD

CroppedMasonDixonECXD40.jpg

This one is in horsehide with shark trim and mouth reinforcement

Horsehide-MasonDixon-with-S.jpg

This one shows a Sig 220 OWB in the MasonDixon (this one covered totally in shark) and shows the firearm hugging the body at 3:00

Shark-220-Rear-Worn-Web.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.....

take care and stay safe

Brock

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Try combatgunleather.com Erik Little hand makes these fine holsters on order and to order to fit many handguns. He has very good prices for handmade high grade leather holsters. You will have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for delivery however. Erik is highly recommended. Please check him out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom