• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    Actually looking for at least 2. One for pistol mounted the other for in the pocket or maybe on the belt.

Shay brought this up in the training over the weekend and I've been looking, there are so many choices out there.

Any suggestions?

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    I remember reading an article (or review) a few months ago about a light. That had several modes. One mode was a flash mode that when activated could make the person looking at the light sick (I think disorientation or sensory overload) I can't seem to find where I read this article at.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I would look into the SureFire X300 light. MSRP is $225, but AshyLarry might be willing to get you one through work for about 1/2 price. The TLR-1s are nice, but I don't like the system they use for mounting. It's a lot more difficult than just sliding the light on, and it clicking into place.

As for a carry light. Inova makes good lights, as does SureFire. When considering a light, look at more than just how bright it is. 120 lumens is nice, but when that 120 lumens only lasts for 2 minutes, it's not so nice. There are a lot of lights that put out 90-100% of rated light output for a decent amount of time before it starts to drop off. Make sure to check out Flashlight Reviews, Modifications and Information

Personally, I carry an Inova X1. It uses 1 AA battery, is small enough to not bother me, and puts out a lot of light for what it is.

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    Any SureFire flashlight is incredible. I use them for deer hunting, and any kind of outdoor activity, as well as one on the nightstand-right next to the ol` Glock 21.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    If I get the X300's for anyone else I would need payment up front. I dont have the money in my account to buy these right now. The cost out the door is $148.50 I love the X300. Easy to mount, dismount, bright as hell, and lifetime warranty.

I also have a surefire 6P and G2 led, love those both also. I also have a small coast light that came with a nylon holder for the belt. It was only 20 or 25 at lowes, has 5 white LED's and 1 red.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i suspect that rhino needs to weigh in on this one. he is the most knowledgeable light guy i know. what say you rhino.

for me, i use a tlr-1 on my pistols and various 9v incan bulb lights on my long guns. i carry a first light liberator when dress makes it possible and a g2z.

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    I sorta found what I was looking for. It's the strobe option on some tactical lights. Must of been a streamlight stinger article that I was reading.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I use a TLR-1 on my "go to war" G34.

But for EDC, and when not in the wrecker, I carry a SF E2E for a light and a G17 as my ccw.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I've been carrying Surefire lights since '97 and I wouldn't carry anything else. Right now I'm using a G2 LED with another one as a backup. I'm looking to get a X300 so I may be sending you a PM in a week or so Nick.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    For a pistol light I agree with an earlier poster that the Streamlight TLR-1 is a very nice light. At the last gun show I also looked at a new light that is brighter than the TLR and it seemed to be a well made and bright light. I was waiting for a brighter TLR, but this seems to be the ticket until Streamlight releases a new one. The Insight Procyon is the name, I did not know how new it was until I got home and looked it up, I should have bought it at the show.

Insight Tech-Gear

Handheld, I like Fenix lights and I think Rhino does also. I have never broken one yet, great run time and good features/brightness for the cost also. My next one will be one of the newer Tacical lights they make, also known as small tanks! I'm getting a TK-10.

www.FenixStore.com

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    surefire g2Z. i've never used an on gun light other than a surefire model mounted on an ar(unsure of what type)

basically ABOUT anything surefire is a safe bet, and their customer service is second to none.

Top Bottom