between a couple cornfields

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    UTAH PERMIT

A non-refundable fee of $65.25 must be included with your application. This fee consists of $35.00 for application and permit processing and $30.25 charged by the F.B.I. to process your fingerprint cards. Please make checks and money orders payable to the "Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification".
    Renewals are $10 every 5 years.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    If you go with Utah and Arizona you will get all of the states you would get with a Florida, plus Minnesota, and still be cheaper then Florida when you figure the renewal costs. That's what I did.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    If you go with Utah and Arizona you will get all of the states you would get with a Florida, plus Minnesota, and still be cheaper then Florida when you figure the renewal costs. That's what I did.

I posted about this subject (ignore my slight tantrum about negative rep :)) I covered the comparison of initial cost and renewal, I agreed with your opinion of the Utah/Arizona combination.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/131112-arizona_permit_again.html

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    There are Utah classes held in Indy at various times and locations, I believe some are held at some Gander Mountains. Florida only requires that you show that you have received firearm training, they do not require a specific class.

Dpj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Personally for me the UT is better. I spend a lot of time in the north west and most of those states are covered.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Will Florida accept an L1 fingerprint from Indiana resident? Which Indiana PDs will take prints and fill out the FL card? I've got my app ready to go as soon as I get prints.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Interesting... I was just looking at the breakdown today of IN + UT and noted 34 states... AZ would add KS and NM back in, making 36 available with only three licenses/permits. Of the remaining 14, only ME, NV, and SC recognize other states' papers at all, IL and WI restrict even their own residents, and the other nine recognize only their own.

One of the criteria for getting the AZ without their class includes holding, "A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance."

It would seem to me that a UT CFP would qualify, as they do have a "training requirement" (four hours in a classroom), especially considering that AZ recognized UT even before the former went to Constitutional Carry.

Do you (or does anyone) know for sure? :)

Blessings,
    Bill

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    One of the criteria for getting the AZ without their class includes holding, "A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance."

It would seem to me that a UT CFP would qualify, as they do have a "training requirement" (four hours in a classroom), especially considering that AZ recognized UT even before the former went to Constitutional Carry.

Do you (or does anyone) know for sure? :)

Blessings,
    Bill

According to the posted regulation, I thought that the UT permit would qualify. I called the Arizona DPS and according to the person on the phone I talked to, there must be live fire (range time) associated with the training. Using that advice, I used an NRA basic pistol course to fulfill the requirement rather than my UT permit.

Jamie

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I believe that AZ require an 8 hour class with range time. They accepted my NRA instructor credentials. Here is the link to the AZ web site. Concealed Weapons & Permits - Arizona Department of Public Safety

I actually went there before I asked, but thanks for the reply!

According to the posted regulation, I thought that the UT permit would qualify. I called the Arizona DPS and according to the person on the phone I talked to, there must be live fire (range time) associated with the training. Using that advice, I used an NRA basic pistol course to fulfill the requirement rather than my UT permit.

Jamie

Thanks for clarifying. That's exactly what I needed. Unfortunately, the NRA course I took didn't provide a card... then again, I wasn't interested in cards, I wanted the knowledge. Wonder if they'll take my Appleseed Instructor card? ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom