• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Shrews would probably be one of the quickest ways to eliminate the moles and voles.
    They're the most voracious predators in the world, pound for pound.
    It's been said that if they were the size of German shepherds, humans would be extinct.

Guys I worked with years ago nicknamed me "shrew". Supposedly they eat something like 3X their body weight daily and I was eating all the time.:)

Yet, I have never been overweight.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Are these moles? I have above ground tracks all over my backyard. Everything I have experienced is below ground and the earth is pushed up along the tunnels. These just ride along the surface. I have never come across this before.

We`ve got these too...I`ve got to figure out how to rid the lawn of them.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The worms work, but are pricey.
    Grub spread also works, but is super pricey if you have 8 acres like me... then they come back the following year (or when you tip the farmer off next door what spread you used)

I've tried stomping down mounds and waiting for a reaction, with no success. ours are all deep moles, so no visible trails in the yard.

I'd like to try to propane nuclear option, but that's kinda pricey

Over 10+ years we realize we'll never get rid of them all... just keep playing the game and get a few here and there...

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    The worms work, but are pricey.
    Grub spread also works, but is super pricey if you have 8 acres like me... then they come back the following year (or when you tip the farmer off next door what spread you used)

I've tried stomping down mounds and waiting for a reaction, with no success. ours are all deep moles, so no visible trails in the yard.

I'd like to try to propane nuclear option, but that's kinda pricey

Over 10+ years we realize we'll never get rid of them all... just keep playing the game and get a few here and there...

8 acres. ..............you must own half of Lizton then.:)

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Lizton has the best liquor store. Coldest beer ever! I have a huge mole problem now too. I also have 10 acres but some of it I'm not as worried about. But up by the house I have my work cut out for me.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Are these moles? I have above ground tracks all over my backyard. Everything I have experienced is below ground and the earth is pushed up along the tunnels. These just ride along the surface. I have never come across this before.

13 line ground squirrels. Rat traps and peanut butter have been effective for me. Mole smokers too if you can find the real holes.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    ^^^I have the same runs in the yard too. Setting snap traps and putting the wheel barrow over it to keep the dogs out. Let you know what come up. I bought calcium carbide to try in the tunnels, just to see how that works. Might make my one rodenator out that or just stick a propane tank nozzle/tip in the tunnel and try my own version of caddyshack... I hate moles.. @#@!@%$%# things..

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    My grandpa told me stories of snaring ground squirrels with twine run through a length of conduit and tying a noose. He'd put the noose around a hole and lie in wait for one to poke its head out. A quick pull on the string and one caught critter. Time consuming, but fun for a kid. One house I lived in as a kid had ground squirrels, I used to snipe them from my bedroom window with a .22 loaded with cb's.

Top Bottom