• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think for the left side of the bench, it's the outcome they want. That's how they think about cases. I think Roberts, and Kavanaugh would most likely side with the lefties on this, maybe for different reasons though. Out of Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas, I think at least two of them would dissent.

As Thomas has (I think fairly) bemoaned, the court has generally tended to not address 2A issues and treat it like a 2nd class right. If it does go to court, I'd imagine the case will center around whether Trump's administration had the authority to do what they did in establishing that ban and not if it violates the 2A. I'm not sure this wouldn't be the surest way of overturning it, especially amongst the lefties.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As Thomas has (I think fairly) bemoaned, the court has generally tended to not address 2A issues and treat it like a 2nd class right. If it does go to court, I'd imagine the case will center around whether Trump's administration had the authority to do what they did in establishing that ban and not if it violates the 2A. I'm not sure this wouldn't be the surest way of overturning it, especially amongst the lefties.
    I'm pretty sure Gorsuch would jump all over that. He doesn't like when the bureaucracy makes or changes rules.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Idunno. Amongst the lefties, it’s more about the outcome. The “basis” for their decision is secondary to that. So I think they’d rule that the president does have the authority to change the the definitions because they agree with the outcome.

Kavanaugh seems to me the most likely of the Republican justices to side with the left, but for different reasons. Roberts is a wildcard. Of the three conservatives, as I said, I’m pretty sure there’d be at least two who would dissent. I’m pretty sure the two solid dissenters would be Thomas and Gorsuch. Not completely sure about Alito.

But, the court has surprised me in the past. It could possibly be a unanimous **** you Trump, you don’t have that much power.”

That’s the correct ruling. But I think it will go the other way and give presidents more sweeping power to enact gun controls with lens and phones. I’d love to see the court slap Trump for this. Not gonna happen, I think.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing I’ll say about this case, the dude is a poster boy for how ridiculous bans are. This guy sounds like a real nutter. This ban is for people who obey the law. It’s not gonna stop people who might use these things to harm people. The people using these things for recreation—their intended purpose—are the only people this law applies to, of course along with the manufacturers. The people who would do harm don’t care to follow it.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    One thing I’ll say about this case, the dude is a poster boy for how ridiculous bans are. This guy sounds like a real nutter. This ban is for people who obey the law. It’s not gonna stop people who might use these things to harm people. The people using these things for recreation—their intended purpose—are the only people this law applies to, of course along with the manufacturers. The people who would do harm don’t care to follow it.
    His being the first prosecution is quote intentional, as proof of how "effective" the ban is...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Got banned and blocked from a Facebook group called "Constitutional Patriots" for saying the Trump was weak on the 2A and brought up the bump stock thing. For DARING to oppose anything Trump I received ad-hominem attacks by the group/page owner, so I replied with logical arguments, then a "laugh" icon at my arguments, then, thread appeared to be deleted, then, ban hammer!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought an M&P 15-22 a couple of years ago hoping to bumpstock it to make wasting ammo easier so I'm still hoping to one day make that happen.

I wonder how well it would work with a 15-22 since it relies on recoil to make it work? I don't know if .22 lr would generate enough energy.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I wonder how well it would work with a 15-22 since it relies on recoil to make it work? I don't know if .22 lr would generate enough energy.

You have to change a few things in the base rifle and there's definitely a technique to it but hitchcock45 (?) was playing with one in one of his videos and it seemed to work quite well.

Can't find Hitchcock's video but here's another one: [video=youtube;H1DlWCNZVs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DlWCNZVs8[/video]

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You have to change a few things in the base rifle and there's definitely a technique to it but hitchcock45 (?) was playing with one in one of his videos and it seemed to work quite well.

Can't find Hitchcock's video but here's another one: [video=youtube;H1DlWCNZVs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DlWCNZVs8[/video]

How about a binary trigger?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

That does make sense using a lighter trigger. Obviously it works! Kinda wish he'd have filmed that when there weren't other people shooting right next to him... that was pretty distracting. I found myself going, "Shhhhhhh! I'm trying to listen here!" at my screen. :):

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    22plinkster had a video of him running a M&P 22 with a bumpstock on it. YT removed it/made him take it down. He ran it pretty good.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    15-22 worked well.
    If I remember right, you had to slightly push away from your body with your non-trigger hand. Felt awkward and no accuracy, but was a blast. Ahh, the good ol' days.

Top Bottom