• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    What's the indication of that as to Rokita? (Not challenging you; just honestly asking.

How do I count the ways? Bob Grand, Indy mayor Greg Ballard's puppetmaster and Barnes & Thornburg managing partner handpicked Rokita's staff after his first election. Tom John, Marion Co Republican Party chairman (the guy who tried to strongarm the rest of the state's party chairs to vote against Greg Zoeller), was his first campaign manager and did well on legal business funneled to him. He is the darling of the big Indy law firms (look at his campaign finance reports). It's not a big secret, even the news commentators were joking about it.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    Coats was the Republican establishment favorite. What a feat they accomplished, getting all those Dems to help their man to win.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Operation Chaos has apparently worked, then. Somebody else alluded to that on an earlier post in this thread, and that made a lot of sense to me.

I really hope that either Hostettler or Stutzman will run as an Independent.

Operation Chaos? Wasn't that something Rush Limpbone was jabbering about 2 or 3 years ago? It's just now working?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Operation Chaos? Wasn't that something Rush Limpbone was jabbering about 2 or 3 years ago? It's just now working?

Yes, that was the name he coined (or at least, as far as my limited experience is concerned) a few years ago for the Dems' presidential primaries, but I used it, as did somebody before me in this thread, to refer to the tactic in general. In this case, of course, it refers to the Dems' [suspected] tactic to get Coats the nomination.

I do think there is merit to the argument that only declare "members" of either party should be able to vote to choose that party's nominee. That seems to jive really well with the idea of a political party in the first place: a group of like-minded people who team up to get a person to represent their goals, ideals, and values. Why should people who are not in the party be able to choose that party's representative? I don't see that as any kind of infringement of rights or freedoms that I'm sure Dems would decry.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    One bright spot....

On an otherwise bleak political day, Ken Campbell won 83% of the vote for the Republican candidate for Sheriff in Boone County. Ken's a great guy and strong supporter of gun rights for all citizens. :yesway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need to come up with a better plan for November.

I can't believe how many think they are married to their votes for life. There is a reason that voting booths are private and that we do it again every few years. Your vote is not tattooed on your forehead.

Holding your nose to vote against those who would assist our current leadership, as opposed to changing it, will not send you to burn in hell.

At this point in time, it's not about individuals. "I won't vote for whoever for blah, blah, blah," and "I just refuse to vote now," gets us the same Dem controlled congress and executive branch we have now, without the fear of a looming election to fire them.

The big picture that must be changed in November is the House and Senate voting numbers and their leadership.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know the anger is high right now.

Book mark this post and come back to it in Sept.

The vote in november IS about our second amendment rights.

Because it will be about Repealing the Health Care bill.

<Pause for everyone to do the math and catch up.>

For those that don't get it: the HC bill has put into place the mechanism for the Fed Govt to take over every aspect of our lives by giving them control of our health care - and thereby our lives.

Bullets are about to be considered dangerous. They will be regulated and taxed out of existence. Eventually the same for firearms.

Mental illness diagnosis will increase on most of us.

The patriot act is in place, and anyone on a gun owners board is open for a wiretap warrant etc (thanks to my favorite former congressman). That evidence can and will be used against us to show that we're "unstable" and we'll lose our ability to be issued LTCH.

Guns will be registered (so they can be tracked to protect public health).

etc... etc.... etc

Elsworth will go along with almost all of that. Coats will go for a lot less if any of it as long as the GOP wants to remain in control of congress.

We got our butts kicked this year. We live, we learn. We get better. We learn the methods of our enemies.

We take over the GOP from the inside. I'll be going deep into GOP politics this year. I will learn the system. I will use it against them, and elect patriots instead of politicos.

Like I said - let the wounds heal, then come back to this post in Sept. It will make much more sense then.

Top Bottom