• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    There's specific language in there about restricting machining equipment (cnc mills.) Don't see how they could even sniff that.

**Edit -- Smacks of "write and submit legislation that you know full well won't go anywhere so you can go back to constituents and say 'I tried but those meanies said no.'"

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I would like to see the statistics regarding the "growing number of ghost guns" being used in crimes.
    If I were to own several "ghost guns", the reason I might own them would be for the enjoyment of building/creating a fully legal firearm, built to my own liking.
    Also, were I to own several "ghost guns", when/if the liberal weenies ever got around to banning/confiscation, there "might" be several firearms, maybe a few Glocks and a few ARs that nobody knows, or can prove, I "might" have in my possession.
    And that "might" be of value at some point.
    But, of course, this is all speculation on my part, as I don't have in my possession, any "ghost guns".

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    "to reduce gun violence by banning the home manufacture of “ghost guns”"

Q: How much violence is perpetrated by people with homemade "ghost guns"?
    A: Virtually NONE.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Reminds me of when they were passing the .08 DUI threshold. I called my rep and senator and asked a simple question: what havoc and death have drivers above .08 and below .1 caused? They even promised to seek out that information but both found it did not exist. The change was made without ever knowing the most critical data points.

They don't care, none of them...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My prediction: these are going to go. Same with any other partially completed frames/chassis/whatever you want to call them.

People are tired of all of the freedoms we have and even if Trump retains his presidency, he will give on these types of items to try and quell the masses.

:twocents:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Guess I have to give up my milling machine and cross slide vises for the drill press and the router. They best take my hand crank drill and files too because those will get the job done.

Let's not even talk of shutting down all industries with the equipment.

FWIW, I have never made a ghost gun nor do I have any desire to. All guns become ghost guns after one private sale or theft.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The hard truth is that one way or another they are probably going to get it eventually. Either yet another anti-gun Republican will cave, or they'll steam it through the next Democratic administration.

The frog has been boiled. The public at large believes possession of "homemade" or "untraceable" guns to be the domain of criminals. The public believes the only legitimate gun ownership is that which has been granted the approval of the government following a lengthy and cumbersome approval process. There are fewer and fewer people alive every day who remember that guns were ever available for purchase without a "background check". None are alive who remember a time before the FFL. They take some, they wait for the new normal to become the regular normal for "rights", then they take more based off that new normal.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Biden team talks with ATF for pistol brace & 80% lower ban

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/atf...#axzz6dUwq2Hwj

I am just going to repost this here.....

There are a portion of gun owners that are willing to let others guns be taken away.....as long as they get to keep the guns they want. Cough...cough...those arguing AR/AK pistols and/or pistol braces should be forced to the NFA like their SBR's.

If someone is not willing to defend someone else's rights, then they don't deserve the rights they have. "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves" Abraham Lincoln in letter to H.L. Pierce.

Most soldiers who give their lives for this country do so with the knowledge that they were defending the rights of others.... rights they themselves may never use. Selling out the rights of others because you don't personally use that right is a self centered and narcissistic thing to do.

There appear to be even some here that don't see the inconsistency of supporting restrictions and obstacles to the practice of a natural right to the ownership of firearms (like the NFA) while rejecting any restrictions to other rights like freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Those same people would most likely be quite upset if they had to submit a report for government pre-approval and pay a $200 fee each time they would like to exercise their freedom of speech or their freedom of religion. Restrictions on freedom and liberty are wrong...all of them.

Many of these people don't even know how restricted our firearms freedoms have become in the last 100 years. Many including myself have learned this information and have had enough. We will no longer stand by and let our freedoms be further taken away. We will become even more active and politically involved and take every legal measure necessary to maintain and if at all possible regain our natural rights.

In 1934 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." Then we got stuck with the National Firearms Act. But the anti-gun folk were NOT done.

In 1938 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." Then we got stuck with the Federal Firearms Act. But the anti-gun folk were NOT done.

In 1968 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." Then we got stuck with the Gun Control Act. But the anti-gun folk were NOT done.

In 1986 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." Then we got stuck with the Firearms Owners Protection Act (protection by banning stuff???). But the anti-gun folk were NOT done.

In 1993 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." Then we got stuck with the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. But the anti-gun folk were NOT done.

In 1994 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." Then we got stuck with the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act (AKA assault weapons ban). Thankfully that was only in force from 1994-2004. But the anti-gun folk were NOT done and are still trying to reinstate it.

In 2019 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." Then we got stuck with the Bump Stock Ban. A ban that was not voted on by congress or in any legislation, but arbitrarily "written" into law by an unelected and unaccountable bureaucrat, while offering no grandfathering option breaking the ex-post-facto laws. But the anti-gun folk were NOT done.

In 2020 people said "We pass this, and then we're done." And right now we are seeing a stirring to ban pistol braces and all larger pistols. Are we once again going to idly stand by and let this happen like all the others? Those who do, those who refuse to defend the freedom of others even if they don't use that freedom, those are self centered, narcissistic people.

As you can see above, we have tried 7 times to compromise and it only came to us losing more rights while the other side gave nothing. The other side has worn that card out. There is no compromise that will ever be enough. They only continue to ask for more and more and more.

After losing a BIG chunk of our rights and trying this approach 7 different times, we as firearm owners have had enough. The anti-gun crowd has proven that they will never, never, never be satiated. And those who think that the anti-gun crowd will not ban NFA items the instant they have enough control are foolish. They have stated publicly many times they would LOVE to remove the NFA and ban all those items. How will that little $200 stamp save you when that happens?

The anti-gun crowd hunger, thirst and dream of gun control. And although they might be a minority of the population, the 2/3 of American's in the middle are apathetic enough they will not spend time, money, resources or clout to defend something that they themselves do not care about.

That is why many gun owners, including myself, believe that the time for compromise (including the NFA) is over. It is time to draw a line. And any politician who crosses that line will have a very, very hard time during their next election cycle. We will do everything we can to elect pro gun people into office and get these current anti-gun politicians voted out!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I would like to see the statistics regarding the "growing number of ghost guns" being used in crimes.
    If I were to own several "ghost guns", the reason I might own them would be for the enjoyment of building/creating a fully legal firearm, built to my own liking.
    Also, were I to own several "ghost guns", when/if the liberal weenies ever got around to banning/confiscation, there "might" be several firearms, maybe a few Glocks and a few ARs that nobody knows, or can prove, I "might" have in my possession.
    And that "might" be of value at some point.
    But, of course, this is all speculation on my part, as I don't have in my possession, any "ghost guns".

The seeking of knowledge through logic is admirable.
    They don't care.
    Do not believe they want to reduce gun violence; there are plenty of examples where they could use logic to reduce all types of violence but they don't do it, their motivation lies in disarmament.
    The whole reduce gun violence argument is just to keep us busy defending something they dont care about while they make inroads towards disarmament.

As Worddoer posted above, no more compromise.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I don't remember the name of the guy, but I remember watching an interview with a guy that was one of the first people on the left to speak out against all of the group identity politics. He commented that he was shocked one day when he was talking about the evils of the nanny state and his wife said, "but I WANT the nanny state."

Like someone mentioned up-thread, a significant proportion of the population doesn't actually want freedom, and far too many of them get elected to Congress.

SpydieSig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 26, 2019
    Lafayette
    Lol they are going to restrict what? Bridgeports being sold? Gotta fill out a 4473 for a drill press? Smh. Elitist idiots spouting drivel. Its ok... theres always the option to make 0% lowers for anyone with access to a mill.

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County

Its never been about actual crime, just what they can use as effective props in scaring the uninformed population to bend to their will.

Top Bottom