• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Lost my best friend last weekend to cancer. He has been my buddy for 11 years. Showed up on the deck one weekend and been here since. From four wheeler and truck rides, hunting and house security. He was a constant companion going everywhere with us. Most trusting, loving and loyal soul I ever met. He would get up with me in the middle of the might after work and hang with me a couple hours, always happy.
    We spent the day doing a bucket list of his favorite things, from four wheeler ride, Dairy Queen ice cream, and a trip through the woods, truck ride, and farm store.
    Vet came to house later in the day, and he laid on the couch in between us for his final moments. I think he went out a happy puppy, and loved for sure. Tumor was inoperable and did not want him to suffer, and was a beautiful sunny nice day before snow hit.
    You do not realize how deeply engrained in your life these guys can be. Never thought of him as a dog, just family.

1613104145931.png

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    For me my dog is closer than what is left of my family. I've felt the pain you are feeling and there's nothing anyone can say to ease your pain. I know you are more than "sorry" he is gone.
    I wish your friend rest in peace and pray for your loss.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Sorry for your loss.
    We lost our best bud last december to cancer. One day he was fine, next day he couldnt eat or drink. His xray was a cloudy picture. Had 11 great years with him.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry for your loss.

I lost my dog last year(one I got from an INGO member in 2008) to cancer. I still do not have another one.

be well,be safe,you are loved.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Lost a couple of my best friends a few years ago. One was the father and the other was his son. I was happy to have had the 15yrs they were both here. Still think of them alot.

Agree 110% with chez.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    So sorry for your loss!!! Sitting here, petting our 11 year old Yorkshire Terrier. He has congestive heart failure, nothing we can do, his cough is only going to get worse. I'm dreading doing what you had to do. I also 110% agree with chez. Dogs truly are man's best friend!!!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    So sorry for your loss. Good dogs can be better than people. I dread the day the big fella in my avatar goes. I get a lump in my throat even thinking about it. No human can give the unconditional love that a good dog can. My dog can even sense my mood and knows when I'm happy or sad. I feel for you and yours. May God comfort you in this painful time.

Top Bottom