Lost my EDC .38 today! (Short novel inside)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    So, me and the girlfriend went to the range today. We (I) wanted to shoot, but being tight on cash, had to only bring the .22's out. She isn't interested in long guns, so I had the GSG-5, and my Remington 597. She had the P22.

For the first time ever, I handed her the gun, magazine, and a box of rounds and told her to have fun. Up until today, I have always loaded her magazines, coached her...and basically held her hand.

After lengthy discussions, I realized...I make her nervous and she really doesn't enjoy that. She wouldn't say it, just one of those things I could tell.

Usually she has trouble hitting the target after the first couple shots, but today, at about 10 yards, she DRILLED the bullseye with about 100 rounds. EVERY SINGLE ROUND on the Shoot-n-c target.

I was busy working with the 597, which had a fall the other day, and knocked the scope off.

She started to get bored with the .22 and asked me to shoot my Bodyguard .38. Which really threw me off, she HATES, HATES, HATES my 9mm because "Its too loud, and hurts my hand" and I have told her that the little snubbie is a brute. But she insisted that she needed to shoot it.

I loaded it up with 5 rounds of +P and explained to her to hold on tight, and enjoy it...figuring she wouldn't want anymore. Boy was I wrong. BANG....("HOLY $!*@") BANG.............BANG, BANG, BANG. She turned around and shocked me. "How do you empty this thing?? I need 5 more shots." After the next 5, I let her shoot some of the Federal Low Recoil rounds...She didnt like those :dunno: She was only interested in the +P's.

I guess it just shows, recoil on the 9mm wasnt too much for her...the grip was too big for her hand. Its all about how the gun fits.

FWIW, I'm not a huge fan of the BG....I love the concealabilty...but im not a huge fan of the little grip, my go to is still the 9mm. So for christmas, she is probably going to get a lifetime LTCH, the bodyguard, and a firearms safety class. Plus that gives me a reason to buy another gun...I love having a reason to do that.

I handgun is way more of a commitment than an engagement ring in my eyes...when is the last time someone was killed with an engagement ring??

Last edited:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    That's awesome! I can say from experience, LTCH's are FANTASTIC Christmas gifts! :rockwoot:
    Love the part "BANG....("HOLY $!*@") BANG.............BANG, BANG, BANG." (plus about ten more BANG's!) I just did that with my boyfriend's Glock a few weeks ago!

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    That's the coolest thing, is seeing chicks out shoot me.

I hate it...lol

She can crochet....Im supposed to be the marksman...lol :dunno:

Latest update to this story is, I justified the purchase of a G23 with the fact that the bodyguard was pretty much hers now...and when she shot it, now she wants a 23 or 27. :rockwoot:

Oh, and she promised me an AR as a graduation present, When she graduates college, she is buying me one :D Im glad to finally have her on board with this hobby...she hated when I was really into cars.

Now to find a ring for her.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    The idea that girls can't shoot large caliber guns is an unfortunate myth, recoil management is much more about technique than it is about size or strength. My 110 pound wife can shoot a 1911 and my 98 pound bean pole of a son not only shoots a .44mag, but I cant keep him away from my variety of .30 caliber steel butt plate mil surp rifles.

Top Bottom