Loud explosion/noise in Indianapolis just before 5 am?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Am I the only one who heard this? Just before 5 am this morning (Monday) my wife and I were woken up by a loud booming noise, shortly after which our power flickered. Nothing can be found on the news, anyone else hear this?:n00b:

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Sounds like a neighbor's transformer fuse may have blown. They sound like a 12 gauge and, assuming they're on the same circuit, but different transformer, could have caused your lights to blink. Check for coon parts at the base of their pole.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Not sure what it was still...I guess it wasn't a big deal since I haven't heard anything. Could have been a transformer...that makes sense. I'll let you guys know if I find any coon parts :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sounds like a neighbor's transformer fuse may have blown. They sound like a 12 gauge and, assuming they're on the same circuit, but different transformer, could have caused your lights to blink. Check for coon parts at the base of their pole.

With the mention in the OP of lights flickering, a transformer popping was my first thought. If so, you're lucky to still have lights. The last time it happened down the road from us, we lost power at our house.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had to go to that scene three different times. Hopefully the suspects get what they deserve.

I read the PDF of the charges that that the Indy Star had several months ago.

If the authorities have as much on them as that document made it out to be - it would take an insanely inept prosecutor not to get a conviction.

I think she, however, has already began playing the "he coerced me into it" angle - and started that right after it happened as the heat was being applied.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I read the PDF of the charges that that the Indy Star had several months ago.

If the authorities have as much on them as that document made it out to be - it would take an insanely inept prosecutor not to get a conviction.

I think she, however, has already began playing the "he coerced me into it" angle - and started that right after it happened as the heat was being applied.

I wouldn't be surprised if she testifies against him to keep herself out of prison.

Top Bottom