• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I will be traveling to Louisiana and Mississippi in the near future for business. I'm aware that my Indiana LTCH will allow me to carry in both these states but what I'm confused about is if I am able to concealed carry or open carry or both. I myself prefer to conceal carry but sometime open carry depending on the situation. If anyone can shed a little light on the situation it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You're good to go. Just remember that Louisiana is a must inform state and you cannot carry anywhere that is serving alcohol. So that leaves most restaurants in NOLA out. Other than that, no worries. I just got back from a trip down South last month. Had a great time in NOLA. Even though I wasn't carrying. It's one of our favourite places.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I carried with me on a trip to Louisiana last spring with no problems. I suggest printing out the information on handgunlaw.us to carry with you and read it before you leave. Knowledge is power.:twocents:

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I CC'd earlier this year in LA and used the website listed by Hammer. It kept me out of trouble during a week long hog hunt on the In-Laws family farm. The weird thing that jumped out at me is you must "get permission" prior to entering a private residence. Good thing the In-Laws like me...helps when I limit their Hog problem too!

Top Bottom