• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I bought my first CZ. I bought a CZ 75 D Compact. Trigger isn't too bad, but the finish looks like powder coating. Anyone cetakote their CZ after purchasing it?

Immediate upgrades will include:

Cerakote (probably black/gray two tone)
    Night sights
    Cajun Gunworks hammer (I don't like the round factory hammer)
    Internal polishing for better trigger

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new CZ. With a bit of polishing and a spring package, you'll be amazed at how well they feel. I'd suggest a reduced power trigger spring, trigger pin, and short reset kit. Those will all come to less than the cost of the hammer. If you do the hammer, consider doing a hammer/sear combo so you get the most out of the new hammer. While ordering parts, order a spare lifter spring for $3 just incase that tiny spring disappears into carpet or something. When done, you'll love that gun.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Congrats on the new CZ. With a bit of polishing and a spring package, you'll be amazed at how well they feel. I'd suggest a reduced power trigger spring, trigger pin, and short reset kit. Those will all come to less than the cost of the hammer. If you do the hammer, consider doing a hammer/sear combo so you get the most out of the new hammer. While ordering parts, order a spare lifter spring for $3 just incase that tiny spring disappears into carpet or something. When done, you'll love that gun.

Problem is I don't want to turn a $600 gun into a $1000+ gun. I can do with out the hammer and night sights, but the cetakote is a must. Will the short reset kit do wonders for trigger pull, besides shorten the reset length?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I would do a pro pack install before anything. It will leave you with an amazing gun. Trust me. You can shoot mine and you will be amazed. I'm sure others on here would let you try there's as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The problem with the Pro kit is that it's a $300 package. You can get to about 80% of what the Pro kit gives you with the SRS and some internal polishing. Then, down the road, add the hammer/sear and later, if desired, the RRK. You will have the Pro kit but will not take a single $300 hit on the budget. The SRS comes with the lighter hammer spring, FP block spring, extended firing pin, improved FP roll pin and lighter FP spring along with the RRK lifter bar. It lightens the pull, shortens the reset and improves lighter hammer spring reliability with an extended FP all for $62. A good Cerakote will run around $150 from experience.

Top Bottom