• ...and so much more!
  • 5shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    at close quarters.

My latest video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLrJBYSYsok"]YouTube - Aiming Aid For Fast, Automatic, & Accurate Aiming[/ame]

The aiming aid is patented, but individuals are welcome to add one to their personal gun/s at their own risk and expense. I have the patent, so I can say that. US 6023874

Ditto for Police Agencies.

AIMED Point Shooting or P&S
    A link to info on how to do that.

With the new flat sided mini's (S&W Bodyguard,Walther PPS, Beretta PX4, Sig P290), the device could be a big help in insuring fast, mechanical, and correct sight alignment, and fast and accurate target engagement even though the mini's are very short.

Of course, if there are sights on the gun, and if circumstances allow for their use, the sights should be used.

Also, if the light is bad, or the situation is a dynamic one, or if the sights are dark and the target is dressed in black and you are at close quarters, you still will have a viable SD option at your disposal.

Consider the aiming aid to be a Sight Shooting assistant, not a device to thwart it.

A couple of magazines and three or four targets at 15 feet +/-, can prove that to be the case.

Even the NRA, recognizes the need for shooting options in real-life violent encounters.

In Chapter 6 - of the NRA's guide to the basics of personal protection in the home that was published in 2000, we find that "...real-life violent encounters occur at very close range, often in reduced-light conditions, and are over in a matter of seconds. One study of Police shootings in a major urban area showed that the majority of encounters took place after dark, at 3 yards or less, in less than 3 seconds, and involved the firing of an average of three shots."

It goes on to say: "Often, either the assailant or the defender - or both - are moving rapidly during the encounter. Such conditions do not permit the careful alignment of the sights on a specific aiming point on the target."

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Pointy-Point-Point Shooting

GOOD NEWS!

Following the brilliant lead of 5shot of Aimed Point Shooting I have developed a new shooting style.

I call it Pointy-Point-Point shooting.

Now follow me here.......
    Q: What do you want to do when shooting?
    A: Keep the sights aligned on target.

What I propose is actually gripping and holding onto the slide
    and using your pinkey finger of your off hand to depress the trigger.
    I know it sound radical but the frame will be the part cycling not the slide
    thereby keeping your sites on target. Think about it. The frame moves
    back and forth and the slide and thereby the sights stay put!!!!

Grip the rear of the slide, don't worry about any fancy brass deflectors
    to keep the hot brass off your palms, only girlie men need those.
    Bring gun sights in line and if you use your pinky finger it will keep you
    off hand from interfering with the frame thereby moving your sights.

This technique works well with compact guns.

BUT even better is for the full size 1911 with front and back slide serrations.
    This advanced technique is called I call it Pointy-Point-Point Tongue shooting.

You hold the slide out in front of you with both hands holding the slide,
    acquire target THEN while holding on target and locked into position
    cock your head left or right (left will keep hot brass out of your eyes for the girlie men)
    and using your tongue depress the trigger.

I can put a full mag in a ragged 1" hole at 50 yards out of my 1911 using this technique.
    I'll post up a youtube video of this in action when I get my video camera charged.
    Also, I will be happy to demonstrate this technique when I come back from my visit to Kerzplackistan where I am teaching this technique to the Kerzplackistan Army.

XOXOXO,
    printcraft

(PS I like airplanes too)

EDIT: NOT VALID FOR GLOCK

Nuff said.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Wasn't there some technique that got thrown around quite a bit awhile back? Was it called body-lock shooting or point-lock shooting or something? I know it had lock in it. It was like bladed shooting and totally rad. It was like this, only much cooler as they had a video of operators using it. Can't remember if it was point shooting or sighted fire though.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I was about to comment on how the "aiming aid" looks like clear corner guard, until I watched the video and saw that that is EXACTLY WHAT IT IS! :laugh::laugh:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd like to thank you gentlemen for refraining from quoting the original message, thereby defeating my IGNORE list. I appreciate your forebearance!

Aaron B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SE MI
    Are there any obscure, outdated, mosty irrelevant 100+ year old documents or manuals that in some warped way support this aid? I'd probably buy a dozen if there were.

Are you still here, 5shot? :noway:

Kinda like the 17 year cicada, except a little more frequent.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    at close quarters.

My latest video.

YouTube - Aiming Aid For Fast, Automatic, & Accurate Aiming

The aiming aid is patented, but individuals are welcome to add one to their personal gun/s at their own risk and expense. I have the patent, so I can say that. US 6023874

Ditto for Police Agencies.

AIMED Point Shooting or P&S
    A link to info on how to do that.

With the new flat sided mini's (S&W Bodyguard,Walther PPS, Beretta PX4, Sig P290), the device could be a big help in insuring fast, mechanical, and correct sight alignment, and fast and accurate target engagement even though the mini's are very short.

Of course, if there are sights on the gun, and if circumstances allow for their use, the sights should be used.

Also, if the light is bad, or the situation is a dynamic one, or if the sights are dark and the target is dressed in black and you are at close quarters, you still will have a viable SD option at your disposal.

Consider the aiming aid to be a Sight Shooting assistant, not a device to thwart it.

A couple of magazines and three or four targets at 15 feet +/-, can prove that to be the case.

Even the NRA, recognizes the need for shooting options in real-life violent encounters.

In Chapter 6 - of the NRA's guide to the basics of personal protection in the home that was published in 2000, we find that "...real-life violent encounters occur at very close range, often in reduced-light conditions, and are over in a matter of seconds. One study of Police shootings in a major urban area showed that the majority of encounters took place after dark, at 3 yards or less, in less than 3 seconds, and involved the firing of an average of three shots."

It goes on to say: "Often, either the assailant or the defender - or both - are moving rapidly during the encounter. Such conditions do not permit the careful alignment of the sights on a specific aiming point on the target."

Just for your benefit rhino... ;)

Top Bottom