• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The measure has the support of Senate and Assembly leaders, but the question is what Gov. Chris Christie will do when it reaches his desk. If he still has presidential aspirations, I say he veto's it if only to keep from committing political suicide. The nine year old girl in the article gave a nice appeal to the assembly, but to no avail. Again, as usual, votes were down party lines.

Lower capacity for gun magazines approved by NJ Assembly panel | NJ.com

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Christie would appear to be caught between the proverbial rock and a hard spot. As a possible GOP 2016 nominee, you wouldn't think he would go along with this. But his entire career resume reeks anti-gun. The thought of this guy ever becoming President is a nightmare.

Chris Christie on Gun Control

Last edited:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Did they ever change this to specify detachable magazines? Lowering the round count on detachable mags is ridiculous enough, but there was concern that the way it was written, would even include rifles like the Marlin model 60.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And of course, this bill limiting magazine rapacity INCLUDES the police, and those who guard New Jersey government officials?:):
    There's very few thing I hate more than hypocrisy!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Christie would appear to be caught between the proverbial rock and a hard spot. As a possible GOP 2016 nominee, you wouldn't think he would go along with this. But his entire career resume reeks anti-gun. The thought of this guy ever becoming President is a nightmare.

Chris Christie on Gun Control

It does not matter is he is the GOP 2016 nominee. The next prez is Hillary. We all know this so why are you denying it?

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    It just keeps getting better. How can these people actually think that when there is a law against killing someone and people do not obey it, that those same people are going to obey a magazine capacity law. When you are going to break the highest law in the land, do you really care about any other laws that you break in the process? Where is the law makers common sense? It blows my mind how stupid and wasteful of time and resources law makers can be. I mean come on, say you outlaw standard capacity magazines in all 50 states, do they not understand that them mags will just come in from Mexico like drugs?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by edporch And of course, this bill limiting magazine rapacity INCLUDES the police, and those who guard New Jersey government officials?:):
    There's very few thing I hate more than hypocrisy!

They're the only ones with enough training and who can be trusted to handle them.

That'll likely be one of the BS reasons they give, why "some of us are more equal than others". :):

I'll put my safety record over the last 30 years of carrying up alongside ANY member of law enforcement, and will equal or beat them all.
    And I'm sure many here can too.

Top Bottom