• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I am Duracoating a buddy's S&W M&P-15 Flat Dark Earth in the near future. he wants to keep all the smith and wesson logos and signage (lack of a better term) visible. I have no problems with most of it as almost all the symbols are engraved into the lower....all but one. The M&P-15 logo on the right side of the mag well is stenciled on (sample photo from internet below)

Smith_Wesson_MP15_03.jpg

my friend really wants to keep this logo. I would like to try and find someone who can engrave over the original logo deeply enough that when I shoot the Duracoat on that it will still stand out. I would like to find someone close to the South Bend/Mishawaka area. Any ideas?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I would guess that you would be best using someone who does laser engraving. My engraving thread that I made a while back has a large amount of engravers on it. Whether they can perform this kind of work or not, i don't know, but this is a good start.

INGO Engraving Thread

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    It would be near impossible to line it up. Why don't you rub wax into the imprints, shoot the gun iwth duracoat, then melt the wax out? Wax won't impact the coating. Just a though

Top Bottom