LTCH Application with Minor Misdeamenors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Hey everyone,

When I was still a stupid kid (16ish) I got in trouble with the law and was charged with 10 Class B Misdemeanors for Criminal Mischief. It was all from a single incident, but involved 10 different property owners.
    I plead guilty so it never went to court, and I did community service for it. I am now 21.

I'm wanting to apply for my LTCH, and I know that the misdemeanors shouldn't prevent me from getting my LTCH, but on part of the online application it asks for previous misdemeanors to be listed.
    My question is whether or not I need to list these misdemeanors since I was a minor at the time?

My question is just to try to prevent the application from being denied for choosing one way or the other on the first try.

k6RjgO6.png

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    IIRC, it is either 7 or 8 years from the date of your charges where it "clears"... but I also don't recall what form I'm referencing.

If I had to guess, I'd say it to be in regards to 18+ misd's... but IANAL.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If it was a conviction, you MUST list it. It will likely make the process take longer while the info is verified, but failing to list a conviction is an automatic denial.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Either buy a few minutes of Guy Relford's time, or call the state police firearms branch directly. Those are the only two resources I would have any faith in at all, and neither of them is 100%.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    If you were 16, a minor, your record should "clear" when you turned 18 right? If not, then a misdemeanor of a non-violent crime will not keep you from an LTCH. Like chezuki as long as you list it, you should be good.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If you were 16, a minor, your record should "clear" when you turned 18 right? If not, then a misdemeanor of a non-violent crime will not keep you from an LTCH. Like chezuki as long as you list it, you should be good.

I have a distant relative with a similar issue. He had 3 or 4 minor misdemeanors as a teen and forgot to list ONE of those. (He was in his 50's when he applied for the Ind LTCH) They denied him. He reapplied, listed everything and got his pink slip. It took a Looooooong time, but he got it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Why not declare them anyway? It's not like ISP won't know the instant you submit your application.

Yeah, like someone said, call them...

Sounds an awful lot like "may issue" licensing to me.

When you get down to it, the licensing of a right is probably the far bigger issue (as opposed to what standard the State employs in giving permission). In either case you're going to the State with your hat in hand...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom